Hershey P.A.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
First of all, Pennsylvania is just PA.

P.A. is a Public Attorney - and, yes, a week with one is too long.

Elle

Happy Camper!
I think you could do 2 days at the park, probably 3 if you really like rides. Then there's the zoo and also Chocolate World. If you wanted to travel a little Lancaster is less than an hour from there and if you have younger kids there's Dutch Wonderland.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I heard the Hershey is selling out to Mexico or something like that. My Brother lives up that way and said everyone around is talking about it. They are all worried about loosing their jobs and the park my shut down.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
What's the appeal of "packaged" theme park vacations?
The traffic, crowds or standing in line?

Pete

Repete
aps45819 said:
What's the appeal of "packaged" theme park vacations?
The traffic, crowds or standing in line?
Well if you weren't 100 years old you would know the appeal is the thrill on your kids face when they lock the lap bar, the giddy anticipation when you are going clickety-clack clickety-clack up the first hill, the screams of terror from your kid at the begining of the big drop which turns into screams of delight at the bottom, the high fives and smiles when you get off and hearing them start the "Lets do it again Lets do it again" chant.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
Well if you weren't 100 years old you would know the appeal is the thrill on your kids face when they lock the lap bar, the giddy anticipation when you are going clickety-clack clickety-clack up the first hill, the screams of terror from your kid at the begining of the big drop which turns into screams of delight at the bottom, the high fives and smiles when you get off and hearing them start the "Lets do it again Lets do it again" chant.
I enjoyed the thrill of my son's laughter as he catches a fish or "Hey Dad, watch this" when he jumps into the pool.
The scream of terror when I "accidently" elbow him off a dock 10 ft above the river is a memory we can share for years to come.

awpitt

Main Streeter
usagent said:
What's it like and is a week too long?
If you do go, sign up for breakfst in the park for one of the mornings you're there. You arrive at the partk at 8:30am, have a great breakfast, then you get run of of the park for a couple of hours before it open for everyone else.

jackers

vraiblonde said:
First of all, Pennsylvania is just PA.

P.A. is a Public Attorney - and, yes, a week with one is too long.

Hhmm, I grew up in Pennsylvania and have seen it PA and/or P.A. my whole life. I will be sure to e-mail my friends and family to make sure they stop. :shrug:

I think a week may be a little long, but there is a lot to do near there. Harrisburg is really starting to grow and become a little more family oriented (i.e. City Island). Another way to spend some of the time would be to take the road trip down to Gettysburg. Kids love it and so will you.

Vince

jackers said:
Hhmm, I grew up in Pennsylvania and have seen it PA and/or P.A. my whole life. I will be sure to e-mail my friends and family to make sure they stop. :shrug:

I think a week may be a little long, but there is a lot to do near there. Harrisburg is really starting to grow and become a little more family oriented (i.e. City Island). Another way to spend some of the time would be to take the road trip down to Gettysburg. Kids love it and so will you.
I grew up in Pa. also and never saw it written as "P.A." Used to be abbreviated as "Penn" many years ago.

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
usagent said:
What's it like and is a week too long?

3 days MAX!

I just went there for 2 days recently and we did spent one day at the way overly crowded park wasting time in long lines. The New water park was a joke. You couldn't squeeze a peanut in between all those people.

Spent another day just touring the area....Kids wanted to see the chocolate factory, ride go-karts, etc........Then we left because of boredom.

A great place to see and stay but you don't need more then a couple of days especially if you have younger children.

I think we just had a bad weekend at the park, we had been there several times before but we had never experienced that many people in the park before.

Pinkflamingo

Do what we do.........plan a Hershey trip to coincide with one of the car shows at Carlisle.
A week is much too long to do just Hershey Park.
There are also some caverns in that general area, Indian Echo Caverns.
Still not a week's worth of activities though IMO.

Callie girl

A week at the park might be a little much but there are other things. Make sure to see the 3-D movie at the choc. factory, my kids loved it and so did I.

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
jackers said:
Hhmm, I grew up in Pennsylvania and have seen it PA and/or P.A. my whole life.

:bs: I grew up in Penna. too and it has NEVER been P.A./Penn nor will it ever be.

It is Pennsylvania, Penna., or Pa.

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Callie girl said:
A week at the park might be a little much but there are other things. Make sure to see the 3-D movie at the choc. factory, my kids loved it and so did I.
Don't forget that Gettysburg isn't that far away.

usagent

I'm Baaack! It was fun. 3-D movie, singing cows, jewish people. Lots of fun. Went to th AACA "some car museum" Kids loved it. I ate reeses so I loved it too. Hotel was in Harrisburg that sucked. Homeless people rock. I am offically afraid of heights now. Couldn't poop for 6 days but dont worry I'm OK now. Thanks everbody.