Grumpy 2 year olds....

Cowgirl

sockgirl77 said:
Wait til they turn 3. You ain't seen grumpy yet. :yay:

Well, boy was ok when he was 3....but girls might be different. The toddler phase definitely isn't my favorite. I can't wait till they're 7 or so.

M

Mousebaby

You could not pay me enough money to go through the toddler stage again! I am now starting the "smart mouthed teenager" stage. The daughter is only 10 but she is giving her 14 yr.old brother a run for his money in the "smart ass" category! Thank you lucky stars you still have little ones while you still can! :lmao:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
:lmao: As each year passes and my children get older, I say... "can't wait til kid is [insert next year's age here]." Thus far, I cannot find a favorate age. My 12 year is insane and my 5 year old is trying to take over the world, starting with my house. Good thing I'm a better Dictator than her!

Cowgirl

Tinkerbell said:
:lmao: As each year passes and my children get older, I say... "can't wait til kid is [insert next year's age here]." Thus far, I cannot find a favorate age. My 12 year is insane and my 5 year old is trying to take over the world, starting with my house. Good thing I'm a better Dictator than her!

I can handle the tantrums, just not what she was doing yesterday. Apparently girlie's nap wasn't enough because all yesterday afternoon/evening she was so clingy. She's started calling me "Mommy," so she was following me around not really crying, but doing that 'ehhhhh ehhhhh" whine, followed by "Mommy, Mommy." She just wanted me to hold her non-stop, which I couldn't do. Nothing would make her happy...and everything I'd try to do to make her happy would make her mad.

I just look forward to the day when I can have a conversation with her.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Cowgirl said:
I can handle the tantrums, just not what she was doing yesterday. Apparently girlie's nap wasn't enough because all yesterday afternoon/evening she was so clingy. She's started calling me "Mommy," so she was following me around not really crying, but doing that 'ehhhhh ehhhhh" whine, followed by "Mommy, Mommy." She just wanted me to hold her non-stop, which I couldn't do. Nothing would make her happy...and everything I'd try to do to make her happy would make her mad.

I just look forward to the day when I can have a conversation with her.

Maybe she isn't feeling well?

Cowgirl

BS Gal said:
Maybe she isn't feeling well?

Well, it's typical behavior when she's tired. :shrug: She starts it around 5pm...plus, we had a busy day yesterday. She just wants me to hold her. She won't even let her daddy hold her. She gets really ticked off when he tries to pick her up if she's in one of those moods. :poordaddy:

J

jp2854

BSGal Might be right maybe something is bothering her (Her ears or something like that and she isn't old enough to tell you) have you thought about that?

Cowgirl

jp2854 said:
BSGal Might be right maybe something is bothering her (Her ears or something like that and she isn't old enough to tell you) have you thought about that?

Did you read my reply to BSGal?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Cowgirl said:
Well, it's typical behavior when she's tired. :shrug: She starts it around 5pm...plus, we had a busy day yesterday. She just wants me to hold her. She won't even let her daddy hold her. She gets really ticked off when he tries to pick her up if she's in one of those moods. :poordaddy:
I can't handle whiny kids either. Will she fall asleep in the car? If so, stick her in her carseat when she gets like that and go for a drive until she falls asleep.

Cowgirl

BS Gal said:
I can't handle whiny kids either. Will she fall asleep in the car? If so, stick her in her carseat when she gets like that and go for a drive until she falls asleep.

Well, we just try to limp along until bedtime. Sometimes we'll give her a snack, and that will occupy her for a little bit. Sometimes if I'm not doing anything really important I will just sit down and hold her, or read a book. Last night I had yardwork that had to get done, so I just let her follow me around.

Then, when bedtime rolls around, I usually relax and say "thank goodness." :lol:

Pete

Repete
add water :yay: Most kids love water so when Boy was grumpy I would reel out the hose and let him go for it. Or fill up the tub and let him go to town with a cup.

Just this weekend my method was proved when I gave a toddler a cup of water so they could pour it on themselves. :whistle: Happy time! They just want more :lol:

Cowgirl

Pete said:
add water :yay: Most kids love water so when Boy was grumpy I would reel out the hose and let him go for it. Or fill up the tub and let him go to town with a cup.

Just this weekend my method was proved when I gave a toddler a cup of water so they could pour it on themselves. :whistle: Happy time! They just want more :lol:

Girlie was way too grumpy for even water. I hooked up the kids' sprinkler, and she just looked at me like, "You have got to be kidding me. :drama:"

Then Daddy gave them a bath. She was pissed because it was daddy and not me.

:jameo: I'll just have to drug her next time.*

* That was a joke. Some people need this disclaimer.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Pete said:

Yep, little Baby Bubba loved every second of playing with the ice cold water. He was drenched when we finally left. I think he was already asleep as we were backing up out of the driveway. He had even more fun with water when he played in the pool for a few hours yesterday.

Cowgirl....when they want to snuggle up with you, then do it. You'll not have the chance to do it for much longer, so take advantage of it while you still can.