Strawberry Glaze

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
So for 4th of July I made Nickel's Strawberries in the Snow which was a huge success. It required that pre-made strawberry glaze topping. I'm on a mission to eat healthier which includes making my own stuff and not eating really processed foods that are likely packed with preservatives and the like. Anyone know how to make this stuff or a good homemade substitute?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
In a suacepan combine:

* 1 cup sugar
* 2 tablespoons corn starch
* 1 cup water

Cook over low heat until thick and clear. Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons of powdered strawberry jello.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:
In a suacepan combine:

* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup water

Cook over low heat until thick and clear. Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons of powdered strawberry jello.

I should just PM you from now on! :lol:

lovinmaryland

Nickel said:
In a suacepan combine:

* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup water

you can also omitt the strawberry jello and use fresh strawberries that you pulse in the food processor, that is what I do when making strawberry pie. It is really good.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
lovinmaryland said:
you can also omitt the strawberry jello and use fresh strawberries that you pulse in the food processor, that is what I do when making strawberry pie. It is really good.

Good idea! :flowers:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I think it's interesting that it's the glaze that you take issue with, and not the cup of powdered sugar and/or large tub of whipped cream. :roflmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:
I think it's interesting that it's the glaze that you take issue with, and not the cup of powdered sugar and/or large tub of whipped cream. :roflmao:

Powdered sugar is just sugar. It's natural and I can make my own whipped cream. I'm not necessarily looking to cut carbs, calories, what have you just get the added junk out where I can. :yay: