Got a Ticket, now what?

iamgregor

My court date is Sept 11th. I've sent an e-mail to the courthouse asking how to get records of the radar maintenance and the police officer's training records for radar. I've heard that I should file for as many continuances as I can, but does anyone have MD specific advice?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Why not just pay the ticket?

It seems that all the tricks that you're trying to employ is more trouble and more time than it's worth.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
iamgregor said:
Yes I believe I don't deserve the ticket. For me right now, almost $200 is worth a fair bit of effort.
$25 and community service. Contact the State's Attorney office

jenbengen

Watch it
iamgregor said:
My court date is Sept 11th. I've sent an e-mail to the courthouse asking how to get records of the radar maintenance and the police officer's training records for radar. I've heard that I should file for as many continuances as I can, but does anyone have MD specific advice?

So you were speeding, and obviously by quite a bit because of the amount, and you want to not fess up and pay? Just pay it like the rest of us do.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
jenbengen said:
So you were speeding, and obviously by quite a bit because of the amount, and you want to not fess up and pay? Just pay it like the rest of us do.

Why should he "Just pay it..." if he believes he's not guilty?

luckystar07

count your blessings
yeah i would just do community service... i got a $175 ticket community service saved me a lotta money... chances are if you go to court and the officer shows your SOL and you will have to pay.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Lugnut said:
Why should he "Just pay it..." if he believes he's not guilty?
If he's not guilty of this, he's guilty of something else, and should pay the price for it. :lmao:

j/k

General Lee

Let me email this link to the courthouse and request that they forward it to the judges. That way maybe all the judges will be be aware of the tricks law breakers try to do to get out of a ticket......... Like they don't already know :duh:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
iamgregor said:
Yes I believe I don't deserve the ticket. For me right now, almost $200 is worth a fair bit of effort.

How fast were you going? Ive never had a 200.00 ticket.

jenbengen

Watch it
baileydog said:
How fast were you going? Ive never had a 200.00 ticket.

I just got caught in the speed trap near AP Hill/Bowling Green and was going 72 in a 55 (yes, I know, I'm a bad girl, lol). My ticket was $145. My first ticket ever, but I should have known better. That area is always ticketing. My 3 year old said she had to pee so I booked it to get to I-95 to use a restroom :lmao: . She still managed to make it, even after a long stop with the cop.

DoxieLuver

Pay the ticket. VA doesn't share records with Maryland. Therefore it won't show up is they do an MVA check for insurance purposes. I know from experience.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
If you were speeding and go to court the judge won't care why you were speeding. They hate excuses. If you are innocent, fight it.

Community service is good option. I have done it twice :whistle:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
jenbengen said:
I just got caught in the speed trap near AP Hill/Bowling Green and was going 72 in a 55 (yes, I know, I'm a bad girl, lol). My ticket was $145. My first ticket ever, but I should have known better. That area is always ticketing. My 3 year old said she had to pee so I booked it to get to I-95 to use a restroom :lmao: . She still managed to make it, even after a long stop with the cop.
Last time I got a ticket in VA, told the judge I had a clean record and they said if I went to the 8 hour driving school in LaPlata and sent them the form saying I passed the class, they would drop the ticket.
They did NOT have access to my MD driving record.
Unlike the VA folks that told him the same thing :lol:

jrt_ms1995

Not True!

DoxieLuver said:
Pay the ticket. VA doesn't share records with Maryland. Therefore it won't show up is they do an MVA check for insurance purposes. I know from experience.

Not true; you must have gotten lucky.

jrt_ms1995

No speed trap

jenbengen said:

There is no speed trap there; the speed limit is 55 from Port Royal all the way to I-95. What there is in Bowling Green is a State Police barracks.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
jrt_ms1995 said:
Not true; you must have gotten lucky.
When I got my VA ticket, the judge told me points assessed in VA won't show up on my MD driving record.
... but insurance companies will still see it.