Need Help

WifeandMother

So...my Mom called me yesterday and says she wants to plan a Family Reunion. She wants me to help out. Great! There is about 30 of us in the "immediate" family. Most are located between here and Virginia Beach with a few stragglers in the Midwest area. Where should we go? Anyone have any great "budget friendly" reunion/vacation places they like to go to? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mom's planning this way in advance...she's talking June of 2009 at this point.

:popcorn:

WifeandMother

Williamsburg is so close to the majority of the family that we have all gone soooo many times. We've all had great times there, but really wanted to do something new.

sockgirl77

WifeandMother said:
This place does look fun! I wonder how many of my aunts and uncles are into camping though. We'd have to find out. Any other suggestions?
They have nice cabins. That's where I am going next year for our first family vacation. It is pretty reasonable too. :yay:

sccrmommy

My family just did the same thing in June. We went to the Outer Banks, NC. Our house was 8 bedrooms, 7.5 baths, private pool, game room, right on the beach, etc and it was $1200 per family, and there were 6 families, so $7200. It was well worth it though! You can get cheaper houses depending on which little town you stay in. We were in Waves.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We are having our family reunion in a week and a half. I can't wait! We're to have about 120 people from all over the country, with most coming from PA, NH, OH, MD and WA. We'll be meeting in PA (our great-grandfather's home town and where a lot of relatives still live). We have a cocktail party going on Friday night, a family bar-b-que going on Saturday afternoon, and a big breakfast planned for Sunday morning. A little bit of structure, but we've also built in a lot of time for people to just do their own thing if they want to. We'll be taking a walking tour of the old parts of town where there is some family history (my great-great-grandfather was a brickmaker, and his work still exists in some sections of town).

This is going to be so much fun for us. The last time we had a reunion was seven years ago, and so much has changed. Births....deaths....etc. It will be nice to reconnect with long lost relatives.

Hope you have a fabulous reunion, too! :yay: