Recipe for Chesapeake chicken stuffed with Crab

J.South

Let's get drunk
I'm going try to make Chesapeake chicken stuffed with Crab this weekend and I am looking to put a South County spin on it. I was wondering if anyone had a good home recipe.

Thanks

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
J.South said:
I'm going try to make Chesapeake chicken stuffed with Crab this weekend and I am looking to put a South County spin on it. I was wondering if anyone had a good home recipe.

Thanks

Just don't use watercress like y'all use in stuffed ham. :lmao:

Sounds good though. :drool: Please share the recipe. :huggy:

Last edited:

kalmd

I totally read that as cheesecake chicken and thought that was a strange combination.

Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons butter, divided
1/4 cup flour
1 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 pound crab meat
1 can chopped mushrooms
1/3 cup crushed saltines (10)
2 tablespoons parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt pepper
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning

Cover chicken breasts with plastic wrap and pound to a 1/4-inch thickness.

In saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk and bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a skillet, saute onion in remaining 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add crab meat, mushrooms, crushed saltines, parsley, salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons of the white sauce; heat until warm.

Place 1/2 cup or less of mixture on each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with wooden picks. Place in greased baking dish with secured side down. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until chicken runs clear.

Sprinkle cheese and Old Bay on top. Bake uncovered 8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

Nanny Pam

Chicken Chesapeake Serves 4

Ingredients:
4 boneless chicken breasts
2 ounces olive oil
2 tsp. butter
6 ounces white wine
12 ounces chicken broth
½ lb. portobello mushrooms
8 ounces handpicked, fresh crabmeat (preferably lump)
3/4 lb. fettuccine

Preparation: Rinse and trim chicken breasts. Sauté them in the olive oil in a 10-inch pan over a high flame for about two minutes on each side. Remove the chicken breasts and rinse the oil off of them. Return them to the pan and simmer over a medium flame with the butter, white wine, chicken broth, mushrooms and crab meat until the liquid in the pan is reduced and has a thickened consistency. Cook the fettuccine in a separate pot. Place the chicken breasts over the cooked fettuccine and top with the crab- meat/mushroom mixture. Garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.

Nanny Pam

Nanny Pam said:
Chicken Chesapeake Serves 4

Ingredients:
4 boneless chicken breasts
2 ounces olive oil
2 tsp. butter
6 ounces white wine
12 ounces chicken broth
½ lb. portobello mushrooms
8 ounces handpicked, fresh crabmeat (preferably lump)
3/4 lb. fettuccine

Preparation: Rinse and trim chicken breasts. Sauté them in the olive oil in a 10-inch pan over a high flame for about two minutes on each side. Remove the chicken breasts and rinse the oil off of them. Return them to the pan and simmer over a medium flame with the butter, white wine, chicken broth, mushrooms and crab meat until the liquid in the pan is reduced and has a thickened consistency. Cook the fettuccine in a separate pot. Place the chicken breasts over the cooked fettuccine and top with the crab- meat/mushroom mixture. Garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
When I used to make this, I'd cut a "pocket" in the chicken and stuff it with 2 oz crabmeat. Then I'd bake them in the oven for about 30-40 minutes @ 375* I'd cook the mushrooms in the wine sauce mixture, and use that as the sauce for the fettuccine. It's nice with a side salad made from fresh spinach, garnished with orange wedges. :yum: Looks pretty, too!

J.South

Let's get drunk
Nanny Pam said:
When I used to make this, I'd cut a "pocket" in the chicken and stuff it with 2 oz crabmeat. Then I'd bake them in the oven for about 30-40 minutes @ 375* I'd cook the mushrooms in the wine sauce mixture, and use that as the sauce for the fettuccine. It's nice with a side salad made from fresh spinach, garnished with orange wedges. :yum: Looks pretty, too!

Thanks for all the input and Iwill let know if I did your recipes justice...

S

StephenCMT

kalmd said:
I totally read that as cheesecake chicken and thought that was a strange combination.

CD Cafe in Solomon's makes this Savory Cheescake as an appetizer and it's hecka good. One of my ex-GF's and I went to eat there a couple of weeks ago. The Popeye Burger is out of this world! :)