Where to stay...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
When searching for places to stay (en route to your vacation destination) do you automatically throw out places that do not have a website? I'm looking for a kid friendly B&B somewhere between Wilmington and Jax NC and some places sound like they might be nice but since they don't have a website I disregard them.

Are we becoming a nation of internet snobs? :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
kom526 said:
When searching for places to stay (en route to your vacation destination) do you automatically throw out places that do not have a website?
Yes. if they don't care enough about their business to provide information about it, I'm probably not going to like staying there. Not to mention that if they don't have at least a rudimentary page, they're probably not going to have high-speed internet, either, and THAT is a deal breaker.

I always use TripAdvisor:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/

kom526

We usually use bbonline.com then hit links from there. Since we are travelling with the komlet it's challenging trying to find a B&B that'll accept kids his age (5). We found one place in Williamston, NC purely by luck. She only had a rudimentary website (vrai) b/c she was having it updated after the remodel of her place. She ended up sending us a couple of the completed pages as email attachments so we could make a decision. She's also a chef so I'm thinking that the evening tea and snacks and breakfast is probably gonna be pretty edible.

As I was cruising the visitnc.com site (GREAT SITE :yay: :yay: ) I found myself reading these incredible descriptions of places to stay but they had no website so... A couple of times we have gotten lucky and picked one out of a brochure, but why press?

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
kom526 said:
We usually use bbonline.com then hit links from there. Since we are travelling with the komlet it's challenging trying to find a B&B that'll accept kids his age (5). We found one place in Williamston, NC purely by luck. She only had a rudimentary website (vrai) b/c she was having it updated after the remodel of her place. She ended up sending us a couple of the completed pages as email attachments so we could make a decision. She's also a chef so I'm thinking that the evening tea and snacks and breakfast is probably gonna be pretty edible.

As I was cruising the visitnc.com site (GREAT SITE :yay: :yay: ) I found myself reading these incredible descriptions of places to stay but they had no website so... A couple of times we have gotten lucky and picked one out of a brochure, but why press?

I have only stayed at the BOQ in Jax NC.

Where is your final destination?

kom526

Dougstermd said:
I have only stayed at the BOQ in Jax NC.

Where is your final destination?
North Myrtle Beach. I know it's a straight 6.5-8 hour trip but we break it up to explore areas between 17 and Outer Banks. We are taking the little guy to a Pirate Museum in Bath, NC and maybe the Fossil Museum in Aurora. He digs pirates and dinosaurs so this may be a big hit.

islandgrl

You may like Topsail Island. It is small & not nearly as crowded as the OBX or Myrtle Beach. It is located between Jax & Willmington.

kom526

I've been to Topsail as a day trip from NMB, (we own a place there so...). I was just asking about how people go about deciding where to stay when en route.

Nupe2

kom526 said:
I've been to Topsail as a day trip from NMB, (we own a place there so...). I was just asking about how people go about deciding where to stay when en route.

...Richy Rich! :lmao: