My Angel has turned into a Monster

barncat

She's started the horrible laying down, screaming and crying and she's just a little over one. What have I done wrong? She's going through a very cute, I want and only love mommy stage, but she's a monster for anyone else. I felt horrible for my MIL who takes care of her because the last 3 mornings that I have dropped her off she has turned into monster baby after being sweet and nice in the morning with me. Now I know I must outsmart the 1 year old, shouldn't be too hard I assume, but I'm not assuming anything. I guess I have a choice of two tactics to deal with this, give her something to cry about when she starts turning into the monster, or just ignore the brat instead of giving her what she wants, a reaction. Opinions please and experience on which will give me the less heartache.

barncat said:
just ignore the brat instead of giving her what she wants, a reaction.
You simply drop her off, give her a kiss, say 'bye', smile and walk away. Don't look back. It will be over before you know it. Easy peasy.

DawnK

Mostly known as a BIOTCH
Easy.. Quit your job and devote ALL of your time to your child. DUH! :smack:

barncat said:
She's started the horrible laying down, screaming and crying and she's just a little over one. What have I done wrong? She's going through a very cute, I want and only love mommy stage, but she's a monster for anyone else. I felt horrible for my MIL who takes care of her because the last 3 mornings that I have dropped her off she has turned into monster baby after being sweet and nice in the morning with me. Now I know I must outsmart the 1 year old, shouldn't be too hard I assume, but I'm not assuming anything. I guess I have a choice of two tactics to deal with this, give her something to cry about when she starts turning into the monster, or just ignore the brat instead of giving her what she wants, a reaction. Opinions please and experience on which will give me the less heartache.

barncat

kwillia said:
You simply drop her off, give her a kiss, say 'bye', smile and walk away. Don't look back. It will be over before you know it. Easy peasy.

I'm not very good at this mom stuff yet because stupid me keeps picking her up loving the hugs and pats she gives me. I think I need more training then she does.

barncat

jazz lady said:
Nah. They'll probably enjoy the peace and quiet. :lol:

What about handcuffs, she can't seem to keep her hands off stuff and I have a furry pair so her delicate skin won't get rubbed raw. Do you think they will say anything if I have her walk around with duct tape on her mouth and handcuffs?

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
kwillia said:
:yeahthat:

That worked for me. My daycare worker said she always stopped being hysterical soon after I left.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
barncat said:
What about handcuffs, she can't seem to keep her hands off stuff and I have a furry pair so her delicate skin won't get rubbed raw. Do you think they will say anything if I have her walk around with duct tape on her mouth and handcuffs?
:lol: I think you're getting the hang of it now. :yay:

barncat said:
I'm not very good at this mom stuff yet because stupid me keeps picking her up loving the hugs and pats she gives me. I think I need more training then she does.
Okay. Look at it this way. How do you expect to ever learn it's okay to be without you?

barncat said:
No... really.. .duct tape is the accepted measure.

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 87

Nanny Pam

kwillia said:
:yeahthat: the longer you delay the goodbye....the worse you make it.
....and yes, this is experience talking.

barncat

kwillia said:
Okay. Look at it this way. How do you expect to ever learn it's okay to be without you?

I thought she was okay with the idea of being without me, she's been going to daycare like a pro till recently. I don't spend much time there in the morning, I'm always in a rush to catch the bus. I pretty much get her in the house, get a hug and say bye. Today when we got through the door and I let go of her hand, she threw herself down and started crying. She's also woke up the last two nights and it's really unlike her, she sleeps through the night normally.

I feel bad for my MIL having to deal with this after I leave, but she's been doing daycare for awhile so I'm sure she's seen this before.