Car Audio Installation in 07 Prius

mjaysea

I'm looking for someone in the area who can install audio components I purchased for a 2007 Prius:

• XM Direct satellite radio module to work with the car's satellite-ready radio.

• VAIS 2L2i and SL2X components to integrate an iPod and the satellite radio as part of the navigation system.

• Shark fin antenna.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
ask BEFORE you buy and get it from Crutchfield.com :lol:
It comes with detailed installation instructions for YOUR car plus any adapters you might need. They also have great tech support that will answer any questions or talk you through problems during installation.

Why on earth would anybody buy a piece of crap Prius? That's one ugly car and it doesn't handle at highway speeds.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
mjaysea said:
My car might be ugly, but your gas bill is uglier.
I get 40-50 mpg while runing up to 80 between the lights on 235 :lol:
Will that thing do 80?
I've heard the handling on the highway is scary with the Pious.

luckystar07

count your blessings
mjaysea said:
I'm looking for someone in the area who can install audio components I purchased for a 2007 Prius:

• XM Direct satellite radio module to work with the car's satellite-ready radio.

• VAIS 2L2i and SL2X components to integrate an iPod and the satellite radio as part of the navigation system.

• Shark fin antenna.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.
Best buy, or circut city installs...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
luckystar07 said:
Best buy, or circut city installs...
I don't think for what she is looking for.. to integrate the XM into her cars XM ready radio it's a software update.. BG's sister did it the easy way and bought a Roady, and did the FM converter.. No software updates, no hard installs.

The prius has a "TV Screen" where everything is located, radio controls, Vehicle status/ monitoring, Navigation etc.. etc.. you need to upgrade the software to get the screen to show the XM controls and a few other things from what I understand..

And the Prius, for it's size, has a VERY nice ride. three grown men in one going to Annapolis, did fine, AND it got 55 MPG getting there and over 60MPG while in town.. 2009 they are promising better than 80MPG!!!

And we got to watch the power management system at work.. where the power was coming from, how the batteries were being recharged.. VERY cool graphic to watch..

bohman

aps45819 said:
Why on earth would anybody buy a piece of crap Prius? That's one ugly car and it doesn't handle at highway speeds.

That stuffed bunny is pretty, though. :whistle: