17 year old emotions...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So, 17 y/o has a boyfriend and she's been a joy of late. Working for me during the day, go see boyfriend in the evening. Do chores in between. They've been to the movies, hang out, go to dinner. So, this has been the patterns every night for the last week or so and today, she's been shopping with bio unit all day and calls me at the office; Can I go out?

I say no, stay in tonight. I'll be home in a few. Instant tears. This is a pattern with her, emotional immaturity when it comes to boys. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!

Definitely no now that you are crying about this.

So, I get home. No hello. Sullen. Can I see what you got? 'No. It's down stairs.'

OK, Go say hi to cheery 15 year old, catch up with her day. Then go have the maturity talk with 17.

Do you know why I said no?

Of course. You're not reasonable and have no god reason.

No, it's because you burst into tears over a boy again. You've been out 5 nights in a row, out shopping today, good to have a little quiet at home time to get ready for the week.

That's no good reason. Why not? Wah!

I say 'If you had greeted me hello, asked about my day, chatted about yours I'd have every reason to reconsider that a mature young lady might well be left to deciding if she wanted to go out or not.'

The damn bursts. I'm so mean. What's the big deal? I can't wait for college WAHHHHHH!!!

Me to.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Pete said:
I'm glad I have a boy. Good luck :yay:

Boy will eventually go thru this....however, his emotions will come out on all his socks/towels/t-shirts/sheets/whatever he can find

YW

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Pete said:
I'm glad I have a boy. Good luck :yay:

:snort: Good luck with that. Boys turn crazy in their teen years too! Or dontcha remember back that far ya old coot!!! :lmao:

Pete

Repete
onebdzee said:
Boy will eventually go thru this....however, his emotions will come out on all his socks/towels/t-shirts/sheets/whatever he can find

YW
I have Tide :yay:

Pete

Repete
Lugnut said:
:snort: Good luck with that. Boys turn crazy in their teen years too! Or dontcha remember back that far ya old coot!!! :lmao:
A different type of crazy. They don't burst into tears.........typically. Did you? :twitch:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
The damn bursts. I'm so mean. What's the big deal? I can't wait for college WAHHHHHH!!!
:snort:

Your sister and I were just talking about this :lol:

She'll get over it - she's at that retarded age. Remember what a kook Kyle was?

GopherM

Darwin was right
Went through this with my daughter. She is now 36 and tells me that if anything I was too easy on her back then. Listen to her so you can figure out when things are really important and learn to ignore the rest. They outgrow it when they are about 35.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We're good...

GopherM said:
Went through this with my daughter. She is now 36 and tells me that if anything I was too easy on her back then. Listen to her so you can figure out when things are really important and learn to ignore the rest. They outgrow it when they are about 35.

...she just gave me a huge hug and an 'I love you and I understand' dad.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
virgovictoria said:
That just means she'll be sneaking out after you fall asleep. :yay:
:yeahthat: Her and BF have come up with a plan to get around the unyeilding old coot (that's you Larry - just so you know) :lmao:

jenbengen

Watch it
:lalala: I've got two girls. Still in denial that we will go through that stage.

Hang in there- you seem like a really good daddy. She will appreciate it SOME day...just maybe not as soon as you'd like. :lmao:

SamSpade

A couple years ago I was talking with a longtime friend about her three adolescent daughters. We'd reached a conclusion about a few things and one was that while teenagers are incredibly immature, the simple fact is that with the sheer volume of hormones, they feel things more intensely than we adults do - which accounts for some our presumed sensibility.

In other words, if your brain was as soaked in teen hormones as they are, you wouldn't make any more sense than you do after a bottle of Jack Daniels. The only difference being that while you sober up eventually, they don't.

I can recall now about a dozen different reasons why I wanted to end my life when I was a teen - and looking back, I can't believe for a minute it bothered me enough to want to DIE.

It just bothers me sometimes to realize, the reason I can't relate to teenage weirdness is - well - cuz I'm old.