Best beach vacation spot with kids

beachbunny

SoMd Realtor
I'm trying to plan a short vacation with the kids and would like to hit one of the beaches for a few days. Maybe Virginia Beach, NC outer banks area or Myrtle Beach. I think OC is just too busy for me and we've been there so much I'd like to do something a little different.

Any suggestions on good places to go or things we should do? :popcorn:

Never been to Virginia Beach or Myrtle Beach. LOVE the Outer Banks though!

Thanks for your help!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
If you like going to the beach because you like the beach, I'd recommend Topsail, NC. There's not a lot to do "out in town", although it isn't far from Wilmington and rental rates are much more affordable than the larger beaches (tons quieter too). I went there many times when I was younger (age 11 to about 15) and had a great time. I love the beach though, and couldn't care less if there was mini-golf or a movie theater or whatever in the area.

beachbunny

SoMd Realtor
Thanks! I've never been there but I'll check it out. We really enjoy just spending time together so not too many distractions sounds like heaven to us! Any good ice cream places? That is pretty important to me!

My son said today he would really like to rent a bunch of bikes for us to ride together and that's his biggest wish besides going to the beach with his family.

Thanks again! Sounds great!

lovinmaryland

beachbunny said:
I'm trying to plan a short vacation with the kids and would like to hit one of the beaches for a few days. Maybe Virginia Beach, NC outer banks area or Myrtle Beach. I think OC is just too busy for me and we've been there so much I'd like to do something a little different.

Any suggestions on good places to go or things we should do? :popcorn:

Never been to Virginia Beach or Myrtle Beach. LOVE the Outer Banks though!

Thanks for your help!

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/...ionid=PSIB5VEDAKVFWCSGBJNM22Q?ctyhocn=MYRESES
I took my kids here last year and it was a blast. It is a two room suite w/ a kitchen area. The price includes made to order breakfast (which was awesome) free cocktail reception w/ appetizers. There is a super walmart 2 miles away so i bought hot dogs and other lunch stuff and we went out to dinner. Their beach is private and it is great ... you will not be disappointed.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
beachbunny said:
Thanks! I've never been there but I'll check it out. We really enjoy just spending time together so not too many distractions sounds like heaven to us! Any good ice cream places? That is pretty important to me!

My son said today he would really like to rent a bunch of bikes for us to ride together and that's his biggest wish besides going to the beach with his family.

Thanks again! Sounds great!
A friend of mine just got back last weekend from there and said it hasn't changed a bit since we were teenagers. When we went, there was a resort type condo next to our family-oriented condo that had a few boutiques and an ice cream parlor. There was also a little downtown area (Surf City?) with the requisite Wings store and a Dairy Queen.

Here ya go.

Last edited: