Online Scanner Audio Feeds

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Folks,
I think I am about done putting the audio from my scanners up and online. Seems to be working like a champ so far.

Currently I have 3 scanners feeds up.

1. St. Mark's Police
2. St. Mary's Fire
3. Calvert Police & Fire

I set it up so that each scanner feeds into it's own dedicated channel so that users living in Calvert don't have to listen to the St. Mary's stuff and vice-versa. I find it kind of hard to follow things when there is to much activity from multiple areas. But if things are slow I can combine all of the feeds into one channel. If something interesting is going on I can modify the feeds as needed to better follow the incident, as all of the scanners are actually controlled by the computer.

I have another scanner or 2 I'll likely be putting up as well but at this point I am unsure as to what I will put in those. I have attempted to pick up Charles County but it is a Digital System and I don't have any digital scanners. If you have a digital scanner and can pick up Charles County and are willing to share the audio into the server please just say so and I can set you up your own dedicated channel in about 30 seconds. All it will take on your part is a $3-5 patch cord from radio shack.

For anyone interested in listening to these scanner feeds, go into your user control and look on the left hand side of the page under "Miscellaneous" and click "Group Memberships". Once there just go down the list and find "St. Mary's Online Scanner" and select "Join Group".

The first sticky thread in the group is" Accessing the St. Mary's Online Scanner Server". Open that and it contains detailed insrtuctions on what you need to do.

The current SOMD scanner was up and operating the last time I checked. My setup simply provides an alternative for this. Note for NMCI users. If you intend on accessing my scanner feeds from work I don't believe you will be able to. You have to download and install a small application called TeamSpeak Client and to the best of my knowledge NMCI will not let you install the application. I am working on a way of feeding the audio so that NMCI users can listen but I need to kind of teach myself a few things first. I am familiar with feeding audio the way I am currently feeding it but am unfamiliar with 'any' other method.

While listening to the scanner audio in the server, users will be able to text chat with the other listeners both publicly and privately. I have also set up a Voice Chat channel in which users can voice chat with each other.

There is no charge for this whatsoever as I am just a guy that tends to keep a scanner on most of the time as well as a PC so I just figured I could share this audio with others who don't own a scanner.

Last edited:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
kbeachcat123 said:

There really is not a direct link to my server. It is a private server at this point as I am not feeding the audio to any website.

But if you go into the Groub Membership link and request to join the St. Mary's Online Scanner group. Once in there the instructions are written in a sticky thread for you. So far I have had one user follow the instructions and they are using the server daily.

http://forums.somd.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Pandora

Jeff,

You've done a fantastic job putting this together. :yay: The sound is crisp and clear and better than my household digital scanner. As I am listening they have a single vehicle 10-50 with a subject trapped. They are dropping the Fireboard EMS tones now. Golden Beach Road and Oak Acres.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Pandora said:
Jeff,

You've done a fantastic job putting this together. :yay: The sound is crisp and clear and better than my household digital scanner. As I am listening they have a single vehicle 10-50 with a subject trapped. They are dropping the Fireboard EMS tones now. Golden Beach Road and Oak Acres.

Thanks Lady. I like it. seems to work pretty well for most folks.