Spanish Immersion Preschool?

K

kris31280

Does anyone know where there is one in this area? I'd like to have my son enrolled within the next 6 months and so I know I'll have to get on the waiting list for it.

rdkarob

kris31280 said:
Does anyone know where there is one in this area? I'd like to have my son enrolled within the next 6 months and so I know I'll have to get on the waiting list for it.

MEXICO

W

wkndbeacher

no se dondequiera alrededor aqui de ese

kris31280 said:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
kris31280 said:
The whole country is becoming a Spanish immersion school.

Why do you want your son, who lives in the US, to be immersed in Spanish? Are you all moving to Spain or Mexico?

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
kris31280 said:
Most preschools do teach some spanish, and sign language

citysherry

I Need a Beer
vraiblonde said:

Why do you want your son, who lives in the US, to be immersed in Spanish? Are you all moving to Spain or Mexico?

In today’s job market, it pays to be bilingual. I know of several firms that if you’re fluent in English and Spanish, written & spoken, no matter what your college major is/was they’ll hire you at the top end of the pay scale.

K

kris31280

vraiblonde said:

Why do I want my son to grow up to be 100% bilingual?

Because I think that, as a parent, you'd have to be pretty naive to think that in this day and age you cannot raise your child to be bilingual. The business world is evolving and English is not the dominant language anymore. Children in Europe speak 2, 3, 4, or even 5 languages fluently, so why should we here in America not do the same?

It's rude to think you can go to another person's country and not speak their language, and just assume they'll speak yours. I think that goes for this country as well.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
kris31280 said:
Why do I want my son to grow up to be 100% bilingual?

Because I think that, as a parent, you'd have to be pretty naive to think that in this day and age you cannot raise your child to be bilingual. The business world is evolving and English is not the dominant language anymore. Children in Europe speak 2, 3, 4, or even 5 languages fluently, so why should we here in America not do the same?

It's rude to think you can go to another person's country and not speak their language, and just assume they'll speak yours. I think that goes for this country as well.
So why spanish?? There are way too many native speakers in this country for Spanish to be of any intrinsic value.

The second most spoken language in business is German... and not as many native speakers in this country.

K

kris31280

itsbob said:
So why spanish?? There are way too many native speakers in this country for Spanish to be of any intrinsic value.

The second most spoken language in business is German... and not as many native speakers in this country.
Because there are studies that show once a child has learned a second language fluently they can easily learn a third, fourth, and fifth language.

There aren't (at least to my knowledge) german immersion preschools, or japanese immersion preschools. I could be wrong and would welcome the information if they exist.

A child's brain before the age of 5 obtains the blueprint for their learning and language development for the rest of their life, which is why I feel it's important to start him when he's young.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
kris31280 said:
Because there are studies that show once a child has learned a second language fluently they can easily learn a third, fourth, and fifth language.

There aren't (at least to my knowledge) german immersion preschools, or japanese immersion preschools. I could be wrong and would welcome the information if they exist.

A child's brain before the age of 5 obtains the blueprint for their learning and language development for the rest of their life, which is why I feel it's important to start him when he's young.
I totally agree with you, they will learn much better when they are younger also it opens their minds to different cultures. :yay:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
kris31280 said:
Many Mexicans are doing exactly what you said in the first statement; that's their problem, not any American's. Of course, with so many lawmakers caving, it is becoming our problem.

Perhaps your child will choose to move near the northern border, where (s)he'd employ French much more frequently than Spanish.