Nursery Wall Colors

GeezLouise

tired and content....
I was thinking of doing a pink and a sage green in the nursery I am about to get together. Do you think if I did alternating walls pink and the others green that it would look okay? They are both light colors. I just wanted something different.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I did a pattern of yellow and green with a painted on wainscoting for the nursery before my baby was born. I didn't know what I was having, so it was quite neutral.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
You could do the bottom half one color, then the top half another, separated by a chair rail. :shrug: I've always liked using two shades of the same color (just a couple shades away on the color strip) and doing wide vertical stripes.

GeezLouise

tired and content....
Nickel said:
You could do the bottom half one color, then the top half another, separated by a chair rail. :shrug: I've always liked using two shades of the same color (just a couple shades away on the color strip) and doing wide vertical stripes.

I thought about doing that....I just can't decide between the sage or the pink. Both colors are predominant in the bedding I picked out and I like both. Decisions, decisions. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
GeezLouise said:
I thought about doing that....I just can't decide between the sage or the pink. Both colors are predominant in the bedding I picked out and I like both. Decisions, decisions. :lol:
You could always do the sage at the bottom, put up a chair rail, and the top half could be striped. I think I have a picture of something similar around here somewhere, I'll look. It would be pretty with a nice sage, and almost powdery pinks.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
The colors are off, but these are two rooms that I've always adored for little girls.

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2972.jpg
    IMG_2972.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 106

Cowgirl

Nickel said:
I don't think Dustin would let me get a girl kitty and decorate a whole room for her. :ohwell:

:smack: No silly... Oh, I need to post a pic of my bedroom in when I was in HS. I painted the walls blue with clouds, painted a picket fence, and made a tree in the corner. It was cool. :dance:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Cowgirl said:
:smack: No silly... Oh, I need to post a pic of my bedroom in when I was in HS. I painted the walls blue with clouds, painted a picket fence, and made a tree in the corner. It was cool. :dance:
I painted a mural on my wall when I was in high school. Orcas and dolphins.

And I'm not having any more kids. :lol:

Cowgirl

Nickel said:
I painted a mural on my wall when I was in high school. Orcas and dolphins.

And I'm not having any more kids. :lol:

I was just giving you a hard time. :huggy:

You know, when my sister moved to college it freed up a bedroom, so I painted it sage green and had pink accents. Well, I guess it was more of a mauve. I'll post pics tomorrow. I love sage walls....I'd like to paint another room like that. We'll probably do the bedroom like that once we finish painting the rest of t he house.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Here's what we did for my little girl:

Nursery001.jpg

Nursery002.jpg

We took a bit of a gamble and scrapped the typical "pastel" baby theme...it really turned out pretty nice, and she loves the bright vibrant colors. We did the two-tone wall (cherry red on the bottom, cream on the top, with a patterned border to separate)...it was a pain, but the results were worth it.

Cowgirl

Club'nBabySeals said:

Nursery001.jpg

Nursery002.jpg

We took a bit of a gamble and scrapped the typical "pastel" baby theme...it really turned out pretty nice, and she loves the bright vibrant colors. We did the two-tone wall (cherry red on the bottom, cream on the top, with a patterned border to separate)...it was a pain, but the results were worth it.

I like it! As far as the bright colors....isn't it now known that children see bright colors better than pastels? :yay:

chevylover

PIP ~ My Baby Boy!
I think the alternating walls would be fine. When we bought our house, my daughter wanted a "rainbow" room. So, we painted each wall a different color, all pastels, one pink, one yellow, one lavender and one green, with a blue ceiling. We put a care bear border around the top that brought all of the colors together. She loved it, and now that she's a little older we just changed it to a fairy border.

GeezLouise

tired and content....
Club'nBabySeals said:

Nursery001.jpg

Nursery002.jpg

I LOVE that! I love that red color you used. I wanted to do the border in the middle like that, but I know i'd screw it up. :lol:

sockgirl77

I did a bluer shade of lavender and sage green. Looks great. The comforter is a country quilt. I'm trying to dig up a pic but cannot find one.