Dumbfounded

USNavyMike

Last week my mother passed away in Florida, this week they had services in Florida then flew her to Maryland for services and burial which are Friday and Saturday. My sister and her family drove from FL to Maryland and arrived today at my home. My sister and her family were to see her son and give details about the services and burial. When they arrived at the location to talk with him, he acted like they weren't there, then told my sister that he couldn't attend the services for his grandmother since he has appointments during the time that the services are going on yet he will close his business next week for vacation. He is a tattoo'st. My sister is crushed and dumbfounded by his attitude.
She called me crying to let me know and I too was mystified how someone that was raised so much better could make such decisions and not to mention being the 1st born how he could show so little respect for his grandmother when his grandparents gave so much to him while he was growing up. I truely am sorry but I can't deal with people who are so shallow as this. I have through my life met all types of people but this takes the cake.
I guess im here to vent, but more so I am looking for some solice that I can give my sister. Its hard enough to lose a parent without this type of issue.

thanks

M

BlackSheep

USNavyMike said:
Last week my mother passed away in Florida, this week they had services in Florida then flew her to Maryland for services and burial which are Friday and Saturday. My sister and her family drove from FL to Maryland and arrived today at my home. My sister and her family were to see her son and give details about the services and burial. When they arrived at the location to talk with him, he acted like they weren't there, then told my sister that he couldn't attend the services for his grandmother since he has appointments during the time that the services are going on yet he will close his business next week for vacation. He is a tattoo'st. My sister is crushed and dumbfounded by his attitude.
She called me crying to let me know and I too was mystified how someone that was raised so much better could make such decisions and not to mention being the 1st born how he could show so little respect for his grandmother when his grandparents gave so much to him while he was growing up. I truely am sorry but I can't deal with people who are so shallow as this. I have through my life met all types of people but this takes the cake.
I guess im here to vent, but more so I am looking for some solice that I can give my sister. Its hard enough to lose a parent without this type of issue.

thanks

M
Sorry to hear of your Mothers death, I feel for you.
As for your nephew, me thinks he has some a "serious problem" (and not denial or fear of seeing his Grandmother's body) no person would not respond to a family member trying to see them under this circumstance. He's got a problem-and it isn’t appointments or saving money for his vacation!