Potatoes

D

dems4me

Okay, todays the day I dig up my potatoes. I feel just like I do when I go fishing... I know what I have on the line but just not how big or how many :lol: (okay, maybe the potato excitement is from being Irish :lol:). Eitherway, todays the big day as soon as it cools down a bit. I was wondering... if you have a green spot or if I pull up potatoes that are green... and yes, I know this is a dumb question, remember I'm new to this... can I put them in a windowsill like you do tomatoes when they are green :confused: Would that help ripen them like tomatoes and get the green off :confused:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
Thanks! :huggy: so far got some big ones from the first one I dug up, however, my shovel cut one in half and then on second attempt more gingerly skined another, then I broke out the spade to dig around and found an angry nest of red fire ants :jameo: I'm taking a break now :lol:
Use a pitchfork to lift them.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dems4me said:
Sorry, read this suggestion too late, but I did get 18 lbs of potatoes :yahoo:

Mash taters.............can you mash 'em up without any lumps, chuncks or bits ????? they gotta' be smoooooooooooth with lotsa' butter !

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
FireBrand said:
Mash taters.............can you mash 'em up without any lumps, chuncks or bits ????? they gotta' be smoooooooooooth with lotsa' butter !

I like lumps, that way I know they aren't instant potatoe flakes :ewwww: