Looking for Cows

horselover

Does anyone know where I can find red angus or any other kind of calf other than black angus for sale. I would like a calf that weighs between 200 and 500 lbs.

onebdzee

off the shelf
horselover said:
Does anyone know where I can find red angus or any other kind of calf other than black angus for sale. I would like a calf that weighs between 200 and 500 lbs.

Try Russell brothers over across from Chopticon High School....if they don't have one they could probably point you in the right direction

Cowgirl

How far are you willing to travel? Are you looking for a bull, steer, or heifer? There is a breeder here on the eastern shore, I can call and see if he has any. There's also a breeder in Westminister...

COUNTRY ACRES FARM - Breeding cattle that perform in all aspects of the beef industry.
2734 Old Washington Road
Westminster, MD 21157
The Zepp Families
410-848-2160, 410-848-1018 or 410-751-2719
gzepp@carr.org

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
:howdy: It's your neighbor!!( I think)

My friend still hasn't called me about the white faces..I don't know what the heck he's doing:shrug:

How's the pony??

horselover

We are looking for heifers. We would like them to weigh between 200 and 500 lbs. If you could call and find out I would appreciate that very much or you can let me know their number and I could call. Travel is not a problem.

Cowgirl said:
How far are you willing to travel? Are you looking for a bull, steer, or heifer? There is a breeder here on the eastern shore, I can call and see if he has any. There's also a breeder in Westminister...

COUNTRY ACRES FARM - Breeding cattle that perform in all aspects of the beef industry.
2734 Old Washington Road
Westminster, MD 21157
The Zepp Families
410-848-2160, 410-848-1018 or 410-751-2719
gzepp@carr.org

horselover

Beelzebaby666 said:
:howdy: It's your neighbor!!( I think)

My friend still hasn't called me about the white faces..I don't know what the heck he's doing:shrug:

How's the pony??

And this is your neighbor also.
When you find out just let me know. The pony is doing good. I will have the mare and colt that we bought on the 26 of this month. The other pony will come in late Sept. or early Oct.

Cowgirl

horselover said:
We are looking for heifers. We would like them to weigh between 200 and 500 lbs. If you could call and find out I would appreciate that very much or you can let me know their number and I could call. Travel is not a problem.

My friend has a yearling heifer for sale. She will sell her as a bred heifer, guaranteed to calf. She'd like $2,000 for her. She also has a calf still on the cow (due to be weaned in November), that she MIGHT sell you. She said she probably would want the same amount of money for her.

Where are you getting your weights of 200-500lbs? A calf that is 200 lbs is still on momma. The 400-500 range would be closer to weaning. Are you looking to bottle feed a calf? :confused:

:shrug: She's the only one I know of with animals for sale. I also know a vet here who breeds them, but he's building his herd so he's not interested in selling females.

horselover

Thanks but we have decided to hold off for a little while as I am getting ready to go out of town for about a week and I am the only one that is able to feed as my husband owns his own company and is in the middle of a big job. Thank you