Camera cleaning?

Jameo

What?!
I have some kinda dirt/something I think on the mirrors in my camera. Where can I take it and have it cleaned? Ritz in the mall has a send away service and could take up to 6-8 wks. Not an option. There is a shop in DC, but I don't do DC :lmao: Or perhaps I could do this myself :shrug: But I dunno how. Any advice.

Oh I have a Canon Rebel XT

rack'm

Jaded
Did you ask Mike at Ritz if you could do it yourself?

I know for a fact that you CAN NOT use compressed air during the cleaning process without taking a HUGE risk in screwing up your censor.

(It says so in the book)

Jameo

What?!
rack'm said:
Did you ask Mike at Ritz if you could do it yourself?

I know for a fact that you CAN NOT use compressed air during the cleaning process without taking a HUGE risk in screwing up your censor.

(It says so in the book)

No, I didn't ask :dork: I was so floor after he told me the send away service could take that long :faint:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Jameo said:
I have some kinda dirt/something I think on the mirrors in my camera. Where can I take it and have it cleaned? Ritz in the mall has a send away service and could take up to 6-8 wks. Not an option. There is a shop in DC, but I don't do DC :lmao: Or perhaps I could do this myself :shrug: But I dunno how. Any advice.

Oh I have a Canon Rebel XT
Come on! Let's do DC then the ESPN zone after wards for lunch/dinner. Come on!! DC isn't that bad

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Jameo, Hey there! Lugnut's site is the best that I found for learning how to clean the sensor yourself. I have cleaned my D50's sensor myself a few times. I maybe able to help you out. I think the sensor swabs for the D50 and the XTI are the same, so I have everything you need. Let me do a little search to make sure, but I think I can help you out.

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Well, I have the right size sensor swabs, but for the XTI they call for a Eclipse E2 solution and mine uses just the Eclipse solution. If you want to order a 2 oz bottle of E2 its something like $8.75. If you need any more info Lugnut know how to contact me.

Jameo

What?!
jbr13 said:
Well, I have the right size sensor swabs, but for the XTI they call for a Eclipse E2 solution and mine uses just the Eclipse solution. If you want to order a 2 oz bottle of E2 its something like $8.75. If you need any more info Lugnut know how to contact me.

Sweet!!! I just ordered the solution :yay: When it comes in, I'll give lugster a call and catch up with you!

Thanks fellas! I owe ya'll all a sammich! :lmao:

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
No problem, Glad to help out.

This is a good way to find out how much dust is on your sensor. Just remember if you are trying to get some dust off the sensor and in your test image it shows up in the top right corner that dust is really in the bottom right corner when you look at your sensor.

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/howto.html

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Jameo said:
Thanks fellas! I owe ya'll all a sammich! :lmao:

:yum:

Let me know when the supplies come in. We'll grab some beer and turn this into a party! (after the camera is clean of course) :biggrin:

Jameo

What?!
Lugnut said:
:yum:

Let me know when the supplies come in. We'll grab some beer and turn this into a party! (after the camera is clean of course) :biggrin:

Sounds like a plan to me! :yay: