Fixing a Camera?

Gwydion

Alright, right before Christmas last year I bought a Camera. A 4.2 MP Sony Cybershot ( I believe). It was a elatively cheap model that I bought from tigerdirect.com. Anyways, it worked perfectly....until I left it in my car after driving home to my parents for Christmas. The next day, I woke up, realized what I did, and ran out and got it. It was very cold that night.

So, I let it warm up a bit, then tried to turn it on. I turned the twist knob from "off" to one of the settings. The LCD turned on, did the loading screen, then went blank. The shutters didn't open, nothing else occurs.

8 months later, same thing happens. Any idea of how to fix this, or if it can be fixed? If I can't do it myself, and since it is long past the return date, is there anywhere that could fix cameras for relatively cheap?

Thanks in advance.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
have you tried replacing the batteries?
The cold could drain them, they might have recovered after the camera warmed back up, but 8 months could have drained them again.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Word of advice...

Never, under any circumstances, immerse your camera in kool-aid. :yay:

I

Inkpen

Gwydion said:
Alright, right before Christmas last year I bought a Camera. A 4.2 MP Sony Cybershot ( I believe). It was a elatively cheap model that I bought from tigerdirect.com. Anyways, it worked perfectly....until I left it in my car after driving home to my parents for Christmas. The next day, I woke up, realized what I did, and ran out and got it. It was very cold that night.

So, I let it warm up a bit, then tried to turn it on. I turned the twist knob from "off" to one of the settings. The LCD turned on, did the loading screen, then went blank. The shutters didn't open, nothing else occurs.

8 months later, same thing happens. Any idea of how to fix this, or if it can be fixed? If I can't do it myself, and since it is long past the return date, is there anywhere that could fix cameras for relatively cheap?

Thanks in advance.

Met a lady in WalMart who had a digital camera..point and shoot type..
Said camera no longer took photos...and dies a lot...was looking to buy a new one...

I offer help..looked at camera, asked when she last replaced AA batteries..
"What..it has batteries?", she asked...
So we put in new batteries...

Then I could look at her memory storage system...
NO media card....memory was full...all 12 photos....

Convinced her to buy a nice 1 gig card..saleman at WalMart found one on sale...

Put that in and instructed her how to upload to PC....

She left a happy camera owner and several hundered dollars in the black.
WalMart did sell her batteries and a 1 gig card..and she is happy....

SO....as Aps says, replace your batteries.....and see what happens...

Good luck!! :howdy:

verucasalt

My lcd screen went out on my nikon. See if you can send it to the manufacturer. It my cost some $ but it's worth a shot.