Gardasil Reactions and Deaths on the Rise

W

Wenchy

Mom2threebabies said:
Finally, remember that HPV is a sexually transmitted disease, which means that it is nearly 100 percent avoidable by modifying your lifestyle habits.

Good luck teaching your babies. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hey! Something me and the Mom can agree on!

These scares drive me crazy. And worse than that are the "solutions". The vaccine people say right in their commercial that it can cause all sorts of problems and doesn't really protect you. So what's the point?

I suspect this is just another money-making scheme from the drug companies. And the states that are trying to make the vaccine mandatory are run by morons who are probably getting their palm greased by the manufacturer.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Some of the ads for drugs amaze me. Take this for _____ and all will be well.Common side effects are nausea, diarrhea, lymphoma, ...

Say what? :yikes: Why would I want that stuff. The cure is worse than the problem.

greyhound

vraiblonde said:
Hey! Something me and the Mom can agree on!

These scares drive me crazy. And worse than that are the "solutions". The vaccine people say right in their commercial that it can cause all sorts of problems and doesn't really protect you. So what's the point?

I suspect this is just another money-making scheme from the drug companies. And the states that are trying to make the vaccine mandatory are run by morons who are probably getting their palm greased by the manufacturer.

I chose not to get my children vaccinated for Chicken pox. The vaccine was new at the time. I had some questions about it and our doc said they were very good questions and there were no answers for them yet as the vaccine had not been around long enough to know long term results.

Forward many years later most of my childrens friends have had chicken pox. All had the vaccine. Some were very mild cases, some full cases. My children also got chicken pox. The mild cases run the risk of having chicken pox a second time and now all run the risk of shingles later in life.

When my daughter went to the doc for a check-up, they asked if I wanted her to have the HPV vacinne. I said,"No". But that we would do some research.

MMDad

Lem Putt
2ndAmendment said:
Some of the ads for drugs amaze me. Take this for _____ and all will be well.Common side effects are nausea, diarrhea, lymphoma, ...

Say what? :yikes: Why would I want that stuff. The cure is worse than the problem.
All drugs have side effects. That's why you need to educate yourself. For example, would you use a drug with the following side effects? I would bet you have, many times.

***** may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

nausea
vomiting
stomach pain
heartburn

Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

hives
rash
swelling of the eyes, face, lips, tongue, or throat
wheezing or difficulty breathing
hoarseness
fast heartbeat
fast breathing
cold, clammy skin
ringing in the ears
loss of hearing
bloody vomit
vomiting material that looks like coffee grounds
bright red blood in stools
black or tarry stools

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
greyhound said:
I chose not to get my children vaccinated for Chicken pox. The vaccine was new at the time. I had some questions about it and our doc said they were very good questions and there were no answers for them yet as the vaccine had not been around long enough to know long term results.

Unfortunately even long used vaccines have come under fire. Look at the uproar concerning the MMR (and other infant/toddler) vaccines and a possible link to Autism.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
MMDad said:
All drugs have side effects. That's why you need to educate yourself. For example, would you use a drug with the following side effects? I would bet you have, many times.

ASPIRIN

keepsmiling

Hi everybody

Well, I feel like the best mom right about now!! My 15-year-old daughter has had two out of three the shots. Will she be getting the third, NOPE. This is just one of the articles I read about the HPV shot before making the decision. My Dr. and I discussed this and he assured me it was a safe shot. I did not do the chicken pox shot, but gosh, I did this. And she did complain about a stomachache. I do not have the heart to tell her what I just read today.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cervical-cancer-vaccine/WO00120

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
From the Mayo link

Why bother?

We really don't know that three doses are necessary because we don't know what antibody levels provide adequate protection from HPV.