Reliable Auto Repair Shop??

Arista

I'm sure this question has been asked a billion times and yes, I've used the search feature, but I'll admit to being a complete "search retard" and getting a trillion answers... most of which have nothing to do with what I want to know.

I've got a 2005 Nissan Sentra that needs the tires rotated and balanced and a front end alignment. I've had HORRIBLE experiences lately with some of the auto repair shops around here. Does anyone know of a reliable shop that does good work, won't jerk me around, and won't basically turn me upside down and shake all of the money from my pockets?

Thanks in advance!

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Arista said:
I'm sure this question has been asked a billion times and yes, I've used the search feature, but I'll admit to being a complete "search retard" and getting a trillion answers... most of which have nothing to do with what I want to know.

I've got a 2005 Nissan Sentra that needs the tires rotated and balanced and a front end alignment. I've had HORRIBLE experiences lately with some of the auto repair shops around here. Does anyone know of a reliable shop that does good work, won't jerk me around, and won't basically turn me upside down and shake all of the money from my pockets?

Thanks in advance!

Last time I got my tires rotated, the compressor was bad and they didn't know it. I lost a wheel in NC doing 80 on I-95. $2000 in damages. Place paid for it so I was covered. Make sure they reinstall and use a real torque wrench. Come to find out the three other wheels were loose too but not loose enough to feel while driving.

Arista

flomaster said:
Last time I got my tires rotated, the compressor was bad and they didn't know it. I lost a wheel in NC doing 80 on I-95. $2000 in damages. Place paid for it so I was covered. Make sure they reinstall and use a real torque wrench. Come to find out the three other wheels were loose too but not loose enough to feel while driving.
Oh geez... that's horrible! I'd have surely peed my pants if it happened to me! Like I said, I've had a bit of bad luck myself, but nothing like that.

If I had the necessary tools and the space to do it in, I'd just rotate the tires myself, but then I'd actually have to do it and here lately, I've been feeling kind of lazy.

PJumper

Arista said:
Oh geez... that's horrible! I'd have surely peed my pants if it happened to me! Like I said, I've had a bit of bad luck myself, but nothing like that.

If I had the necessary tools and the space to do it in, I'd just rotate the tires myself, but then I'd actually have to do it and here lately, I've been feeling kind of lazy.

Mr. Tire next to BJ's is a pretty decent place. Tire rotation and balancing package not bad at all. Look for fliers in the mail, they offer discounts.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
For the moron that gave me red and waved the BS flag on me. The lugs were tighetened but not torqued all the way down. I did feel a slight shake that I attributed to a possible balabce problem which I intended to take care of on my way down to where I was going. I did feel it shudder moments before the wheel came off. Do you need photographic proof you sackless piece of excrement? leave name next time.

bohman

PJumper said:
Mr. Tire next to BJ's is a pretty decent place. Tire rotation and balancing package not bad at all. Look for fliers in the mail, they offer discounts.

I'd recommend Mr. Tire, too. They aren't the cheapest place to get work done, but they do good work.

Don't get mixed up and go to Tires Plus next door - I wasn't happy with them.

bohman

flomaster said:
For the moron that gave me red and waved the BS flag on me. The lugs were tighetened but not torqued all the way down. I did feel a slight shake that I attributed to a possible balabce problem which I intended to take care of on my way down to where I was going. I did feel it shudder moments before the wheel came off. Do you need photographic proof you sackless piece of excrement? leave name next time.

Hey, post some pics anyway. Not because I don't believe you, just my curiosity over what happens when you lose a wheel at 80. Were you able to avoid a collision?

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
bohman said:
Hey, post some pics anyway. Not because I don't believe you, just my curiosity over what happens when you lose a wheel at 80. Were you able to avoid a collision?

Will post them later as I don't have them here. basically felt the truck sway a little prior to a massive vibration followed by the wheel coming off in the well and getting chewed up before exploding and the rear fender well getting rolled up by the tire as the truck passed over it. The truck then dropped onto the disc until that came off then slid on the axle. Lost control momentarily and got to say hi to my wheel as it rolled by but manged to get truck to the grass and slide to a stop. No other vehicles involved. Got really lucky. Not a single person stopped to ask me if I needed help or even called the cops.

bohman

flomaster said:
Will post them later as I don't have them here. basically felt the truck sway a little prior to a massive vibration followed by the wheel coming off in the well and getting chewed up before exploding and the rear fender well getting rolled up by the tire as the truck passed over it. The truck then dropped onto the disc until that came off then slid on the axle. Lost control momentarily and got to say hi to my wheel as it rolled by but manged to get truck to the grass and slide to a stop. No other vehicles involved. Got really lucky. Not a single person stopped to ask me if I needed help or even called the cops.

Sounds like it was a rear wheel? I guess that's better than the front, I can imagine that it it happened to the front it would jerk your steering wheel around and take you off road quickly.