Cinnamon the other health food!

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I have a whole seasoning bottle of ground cinnamon in the cabinet. I saw it yesterday and was thinking, dang this thing is full. :lol:

I can give it purpose now. Thanks! :flowers:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
poster said:
... cinnamon can also contribute to acne - I avoid it like the plague!

Hmmmm.. My Gram always made a paste of honey and cinnamon for pimples so I Googled it when I saw this post.

I found this recipe all over the net and in a few of my holistic health books too. It was even on acne.org. :shrug:

Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. If done daily for two weeks, it removes pimples completely.

poster

"If done daily for two weeks, it removes pimples completely."

I don't think I've had any pimple that lasted two weeks even without treating it!

What I mean is ingested, same goes for many spices.
Ever heard of the greasy foods cause acne wives tale.
It's the spices in the pizza not the grease - also caffeine.

I have systic acne which is traditionally hormonal, around xmas and thanksgiving I break out terrible because of so many recipes including cinnamon and chocolate. I have to avoid caffeine also, one week of regular coffee and I break out.

If I keep cinnamon and caffeine to a minimum in my diet my acne is pretty much under control.

greyhound

poster said:
"If done daily for two weeks, it removes pimples completely."

I don't think I've had any pimple that lasted two weeks even without treating it!

What I mean is ingested, same goes for many spices.
Ever heard of the greasy foods cause acne wives tale.
It's the spices in the pizza not the grease - also caffeine.

I have systic acne which is traditionally hormonal, around xmas and thanksgiving I break out terrible because of so many recipes including cinnamon and chocolate. I have to avoid caffeine also, one week of regular coffee and I break out.

If I keep cinnamon and caffeine to a minimum in my diet my acne is pretty much under control.

http://www.acne.org.au/zit_myth_busters.php
http://www.4woman.gov/faq/acne.htm