Any single parents finding it hard to date

nobody really

I need a nap
wkndbeacher said:
due to not having alot of time to yourself?
I am single w/ no kids -- seems the only ones I can find are either gay, married or have some sort of dysfunction like a drinking problem, baggage, high debt. :coffee:

lovinmaryland

beachcat said:
I am single w/ no kids -- seems the only ones I can find are either gay, married or have some sort of dysfunction like a drinking problem, baggage, high debt. :coffee:

I hear ya screamin :coffee:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Since we are on the subject of kids, why is it Im 50 years old and cant seem to find friends our age that dont have kid baggage. It seems they either are raising their grandkids or they have them every weekend to deal with. I was sure when I got to be this age, kids would not be an issue. I dont want to hear about baby sitters if I invite you to dinner or a party.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
wkndbeacher said:
due to not having alot of time to yourself?

I find it hard to do anything really. And with the continuous drama caused by :gossip: it makes it worse. Aquiring/keeping/hanging out with friends is difficult, dating is near impossible.

Do a search. I wrote up a pretty good explanation about the problems of single parenthood somewhere around here.

Chain729

baileydog said:
Since we are on the subject of kids, why is it Im 50 years old and cant seem to find friends our age that dont have kid baggage. It seems they either are raising their grandkids or they have them every weekend to deal with. I was sure when I got to be this age, kids would not be an issue. I dont want to hear about baby sitters if I invite you to dinner or a party.

Probably, because if they're single, that's what they have to love: Grandkids.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Dye Tied said:
Sucks, I know. I have found the same thing.[/QUOT

A few years back we met a couple our age at a party and they were very nice and we liked them alot, but every time we would suggest something, they had to find a sitter for the grandboy. Daughter was a loser who couldnt care for her own child. After awhile, that sitter thing got old and we just stopped hanging out with them. Sucks, they were fun.

W

wkndbeacher

beachcat said:

im none of the above lol...except kids that are awesome..no x drama here

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
baileydog said:
Since we are on the subject of kids, why is it Im 50 years old and cant seem to find friends our age that dont have kid baggage.
I'll ask my 8 year old son

Chain729

baileydog said:
Love your grandkids, but let your kids raise them.

I was just sayin': You have your dog. They have their grandkids. :shrug:

But, I also have family members that'll be in that position before too long. A couple of my cousins- no matter how much I love them- are worthless, druggy, nutbags that should've been sterilized. They don't take care of the ones they have/had yet they keep producing more. On that note, I don't know what to tell ya. Everybody has their good points and their bad, maybe you should broaden what bad points you're willing to deal with, or broaden what good points you're looking for- just a thought.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Chain729 said:
I was just sayin': You have your dog. They have their grandkids. :shrug:

But, I also have family members that'll be in that position before too long. A couple of my cousins- no matter how much I love them- are worthless, druggy, nutbags that should've been sterilized. They don't take care of the ones they have/had yet they keep producing more. On that note, I don't know what to tell ya. Everybody has their good points and their bad, maybe you should broaden what bad points you're willing to deal with, or broaden what good points you're looking for- just a thought.

My dog is my kid, but I dont need a sitter to hang with you on Sat night.

nobody really

I need a nap
baileydog said:
yeah, I'm 42 and most of my friends my age have kids that are below 18

W

wkndbeacher

lovinmaryland said:
So whats the deal then?

I work about 50hrs a week then im with my kids..i get free time but most women dont like the fact I have an already built family

Last edited by a moderator: