Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Daughters know their mothers better

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Because no guy is either a mother OR a daughter, so your vote doesn't count.

Do you think:

That mothers know their daughters better OR daughters know their mothers better?

Not that Mommy eyes in the back of your head thing, but know them and what makes them tick. What to expect from them, what they're thinking, how to anticipate their reactions. Like that.

Wait for the poll.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And PS, toddlers don't count. They barely realize they HAVE a Mommy so they don't know her intimately.

Look at your relationship with your older daughter, and your relationship with your own mother.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Well my mom knows more about me than I do her. Mostly because she has been there since the begining. And well I am still learning about her (*she has a few years over me*)

So the answer should always be Mothers know more.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
lovinmaryland said:
This poll is not fair I don't have a daughter
But you have a mother, right? So look at your relationship with her: do you know her better than she knows you, or the other way around?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
JabbaJawz said:
Daughters know their mothers better.
That's what I say, and Larry and I had a rather rousing conversation about it at the Pier, involving all the females in our vicinity. :yay:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
vraiblonde said:
That's what I say, and Larry and I had a rather rousing conversation about it at the Pier, involving all the females in our vicinity. :yay:

I think it depends where the daughter is in her life. I know my daughter better than she knows me and at one time I knew her better than she knew herself.

And I should add that I now know my mother better but before she started having trouble with her memory, I'd believe she knew me better.

I guess I'm saying moms know their daughters better.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
In my experience, I don't think that we knew each other well at all.

I'd call it 50/50 for me and my mom.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
mv_princess said:
Well my mom knows more about me than I do her. Mostly because she has been there since the begining. And well I am still learning about her (*she has a few years over me*)

So the answer should always be Mothers know more.
I totally agree with you!

J

julz20684

BadGirl said:
In my experience, I don't think that we knew each other well at all.

I'd call it 50/50 for me and my mom.

My mom knows me better than I know myself or rather than I am willing to admit to.

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
I am going to have to say mothers know more. My mother can and has always been able to read me like a book. I know alot about her--but I cannot read her the way she can.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I most definitely know my mother better than she knows me, and my daughter knows me better than I know her.

My reasoning is that daughters spend their childhood watching Mommy and anticipating her. And they lived with Mommy when she was an adult, so they got a bird's eye view of the "real" Mommy and not the young Mommy or the Mommy she portrays to the public.

Daughters, on the other hand, grow up and move out of the house, where they have their own lives, fears, loves and experiences that Mommy generally knows nothing about. They're on decent social behavior when they visit their parents, but that's not necessarily "who they are".

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
vraiblonde said:
I most definitely know my mother better than she knows me, and my daughter knows me better than I know her.

My reasoning is that daughters spend their childhood watching Mommy and anticipating her. And they lived with Mommy when she was an adult, so they got a bird's eye view of the "real" Mommy and not the young Mommy or the Mommy she portrays to the public.

Daughters, on the other hand, grow up and move out of the house, where they have their own lives, fears, loves and experiences that Mommy generally knows nothing about. They're on decent social behavior when they visit their parents, but that's not necessarily "who they are".

I guess I never looked at it from this point of view. Hmmm......

qbee

my mom knows me better since when I was younger I didnt care to know (sad I know) getting older sure does make you realize there is nothing better than a mothers love and advice because the saying goes "mommy knows best" even if you dont want to admit it right away

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
qbee said:
getting older sure does make you realize there is nothing better than a mothers love and advice because the saying goes "mommy knows best" even if you dont want to admit it right away
I feel misunderstood.

I'm not talking about who loves who more, or who has more life experiences (Mommy obviously does). I'm talking about intimate knowledge about a person and what makes them tick. How they will react to certain things and what they're really thinking, even when they tell you they're thinking something else.

qbee

That is what I am trying to say. When I cared to know nothing about how my mom would react and feel my mom watched and learned and knew what was best and could predict everything. Although I am not a mother I feel that its a motherly instinct to know their daughter's better