Schools

K

Kain99

Maryland High School students will be taking the HSA (High School Assesment) Tests this week.

Has anybody else heard about the complete miscarriage of justice going on with these tests?

My understanding is, that last year... No student in the State scored higher than 50% This years tests won't count but will serve as a scale for next years grading percentage system. :frown:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Kain99
Maryland High School students will be taking the HSA (High School Assesment) Tests this week.

My understanding is, that last year... No student in the State scored higher than 50% This years tests won't count but will serve as a scale for next years grading percentage system. :frown:

According to Sean Hannity, Floridians only need to score a 40% to pass. UFB!

Christy

b*tch rocket
Lowering the educational basket.... :frown:

Alright woman! :lol: You're going to have to explain it better than that! I haven't a clue as to what the testing is about. I heard a bit about it on 98.3 this morning. Some lady complaining that they shouldn't have to take any test, then went on to explain dyslexics and other learning disabled wouldn't be able to get a high school diploma etc...

My kid is dyslexic and my view is he's not going to get any special treatment in the grown up world, he might as well suck it up now and realize having to work harder is just a fact of life.

Is that the same deal you're talking about?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Christy
Some lady complaining that they shouldn't have to take any test, then went on to explain dyslexics and other learning disabled wouldn't be able to get a high school diploma etc...
Tell the lady she should read this...

K

Kain99

The HSA tests are a High School graduation requirement. It's a basic skills assesment.

I don't have a ton of details, but here's what I understand. The result's last year (the first year they were given) were staggering. Very low scores.

Obviously, they couldn't fail every High school Senior in the state so they passed them on into the world with the low scores.

This year the tests are being given again. This time they won't count! You don't need to pass to graduate.

They are using this years tests in an effort to figure out what questions to ask and how much each section of the test should be worth.

No outrage, that our kids can't pass a simple assesment test. Just a quick slick political move to make the tests easier. :frown:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

This year the tests are being given again. This time they won't count! You don't need to pass to graduate.
So, in effect the tests are useless. The kids know it and when they take them does anyone think that they'll try to do their best on it, or just take it to get it over with.