Mosquito Bites

C

czygvtwkr

Ive noticed lately that when I get bite by mosquitos this year that they leave fairly large red welts. These welts go away within an hour or so but I have never had that problem before. Have I been bitten by mutants or ones infected with west nile or what?

M

Mousebaby

Nope,you may just be having a worse allergic reaction then you used to. Take some benedryl and it should make them go away and may even help with the itching some. Everyone has an allergy to their bites, some just worse then others and your reaction can change from year to year. Hope this helps! :howdy:

C

czygvtwkr

I can pretty much ignore the itch the welts were just worrying me.

The repellant that is DEET free sucks by the way, I got it by mistake.

M

Mousebaby

czygvtwkr said:
I can pretty much ignore the itch the welts were just worrying me.

The repellant that is DEET free sucks by the way, I got it by mistake.

DEET causes cancer in laboratory rats....

Aren't you glad your not a rat? :lmao:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
czygvtwkr said:
Ive noticed lately that when I get bite by mosquitos this year that they leave fairly large red welts. These welts go away within an hour or so but I have never had that problem before. Have I been bitten by mutants or ones infected with west nile or what?

When I was younger I would get 1 to 2 in. welts from a single mosquito bite. Now I don't react quite as bad. Like someone else recommended, take benadryl if you are worried about how long they last. Otherwise, just spray yourself down with DEET bugspray and you'll be fine. :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
czygvtwkr said:
These welts go away within an hour or so but I have never had that problem before.
You're getting old :huggy:

There is a product called "After Bite" that woks quit well in relieving the itch and welt. Liquid that comes in a pen/marker size applicator. Rub it on before you scratch, cause it burns lik a mo-fo on broken skin :jameo:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I got a bite from something, and I have a BIG welt there and my whole leg hurts! I am using solarcaine and antibiotic cream on it, but geeze it hurts!

SeaRide

aps45819 said:
There is a product called "After Bite" that woks quit well in relieving the itch and welt. Liquid that comes in a pen/marker size applicator. Rub it on before you scratch, cause it burns lik a mo-fo on broken skin :jameo:

:yeahthat: It works pretty good. I don't recall the burning part.