Hospice care...terminal or rehabilitative?

Rael

Supper's Ready
I've always associated hospice care with those terminally ill. But someone I know went through a complicated spinal surgery that is only one of several over the past several years. But this person was moved to a rehab hospice recently, with somewhat promising news of a recovery. Great news.

Call me ignorant, but I've never heard the term hospice and recovery in the same sentence. Anybody out there to share some wisdom?

K

Kain99

Hospice is historically pallative care. I tried looking up "rehab hospice" to no avail. I'll ask around tomorrow.

squidword

hospice is different for every county, tell your friends to watch out for hidden fees. i had hospice come to sit with my uncle his last days and there were fees that i nevered dreamed of and then the nurses could not give him meds with out a doctors ok, they didn't come everyday and they did not stay nights. i got rid of them 24 hrs later and things went very smoothly.

M

missperky

I have nothing but good things to say about Hospice here in St Mary's County, they are wonderful!

Rael

Supper's Ready
Kain99 said:
Hospice is historically pallative care. I tried looking up "rehab hospice" to no avail. I'll ask around tomorrow.
Thanks, all. And thanks for the term "palliative" Kain99, there is apparently a difference and somewhat of a distinction, though I haven't read enough yet to distinguish. My experience with hospice has always meant terminal illness and stay comfortable until the end.