School Clothes

cdsulhoff

So here is my dilemma! My oldest is going into Middle school and he now thinks he is too good for Old Navy and Target. He want to shop at Abercrombie and Fitch :faint: as well as Aeropostale and other name brand stores.. Am I the only one who has a boy who is worried about what he is wearing? Please tell me there is other parents that is dealing with this as well.. If I got him what he wants for school he would so break me. :nomoney:

cdsulhoff

sockgirl77 said:
Aeropostale has a great clearance section. :yay:

I love Aeropostale!! I shop there alot.. Specially for summer!!

Oh I forgot that other place hollister. I never been in there, but I bet it is just as $$$ as A&F..

Pandora

cdsulhoff said:
So here is my dilemma! My oldest is going into Middle school and he now thinks he is too good for Old Navy and Target. He want to shop at Abercrombie and Fitch :faint: as well as Aeropostale and other name brand stores.. Am I the only one who has a boy who is worried about what he is wearing? Please tell me there is other parents that is dealing with this as well.. If I got him what he wants for school he would so break me. :nomoney:

Buy only a few things. The kids do not shop at Abercrombie and Fitch in middle school; they shop at Hot Topic and you can catch good sales there!

I make my son work for money to buy clothes now. I know it seems like a need, but I feel to navigate from Old Navy or Target is getting into the want stage.

Kids today should be glad Sears Surplus isn't still around. :ohwell: They don't have it as bad as many of us did when we were younger, that is for sure!

cdsulhoff

smoothmarine187 said:
You better tell him he has to start working for it.

That's the truth!!!! He is growing up on me and I am not liking it one bit..

Today, I heard a girlie scream that came from the Bathroom and it was him. He found some hair on his privates. LOL :lmao: My youngest was like " Let me see". So when he saw ( Nosey) he told his brother " You have Man Balls". I think I almost died when I heard that.. I tell you KIDS!!! :killingme

cdsulhoff

I have to say I think this fashion thing is coming to bite me in the butt, from when I was a kid. I had to have the Used Jeans and Guess clothes. The Merry-Go-Round was the store I had to shop at..I also had like 3 different starter jackets that I had to have..

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
cdsulhoff said:
I love Aeropostale!! I shop there alot.. Specially for summer!!

Oh I forgot that other place hollister. I never been in there, but I bet it is just as $$$ as A&F..
Hollister isn't as expensive as Abercrombie. I'd put them at American Eagle prices.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
cdsulhoff said:

Give him a $ amount that can you afford. Tell him to get online and comeup with some ideas as to what he wants. Let him see how long it takes him to realize he is only going to get 1-2 outfits if he has it his way.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Break out the Cabela's catalog and tell him he needs to dress like a man and not some A&F sissy. :lmao: Anyone ever see the A&F spoof commercials they used to do on Mad Tv? :killingme

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
cdsulhoff said:
Yes, I made my son to care about his presence.. I am not ashame of that. At least he is not a dirt ball kid..

What the hell does this mean? You have to wear expensive clothes to be clean and look nice? :ohwell:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
There is no dilemma.

You tell him that you will buy the bulk of his clothing at stores of your choice, since YOU are paying for it. Then, you let him pick one or two things out at the Name Brand Stores (not all of them, but a couple of them) and tell him that it's that or he can wear last year's clothes. :yikes:

My daughter is 13 and accepts this arrangement. Also, we hit the outlet malls that have the name brand outlets and that allows her to get a little more in the name brands. But about 75% of her clothes come from Target, Old Navy and Kohls.

cdsulhoff

cattitude said:
What the hell does this mean? You have to wear expensive clothes to be clean and look nice? :ohwell:

No, As you see I am having an issue with getting him expensive clothing. But, I have raised him to care about his presences. So, I am at least happy that he want to look nice in public.. Shoot, I think Target and Old Navy would do just fine.
I am just saying I would rather have a child to care about his hygiene than to run around dirty and not give a flying hoot..

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
cdsulhoff said:
No, As you see I am having an issue with getting him expensive clothing. But, I have raised him to care about his presences. So, I am at least happy that he want to look nice in public.. Shoot, I think Target and Old Navy would do just fine.
I am just saying I would rather have a child to care about his hygiene than to run around dirty and not get a flying hoot..

Hygiene has NOTHING to do with where you buy your clothes.

Cowgirl

cattitude said:

:yeahthat:

Shoot, when I was growing up, we had walmart (no target) and that was it. If we wanted something else, we had to buy it ourselves. :shrug: He's in middle school...he's going to grow out of it. I'd tell him once he got a job he could buy his clothes wherever he wants. He probably has NO idea how much things cost.

cdsulhoff

cattitude said:

No shat!
I know that. Can you please reread the post. For you don't quite understand what I was saying. I DON'T WANT TO BUY THE $$$ CLOTHING!!!!!
I think the other stores are just as good... It is he who is a preteen that wants to...

Actually, I am not going to buy him the expensive clothing.

Someone said I made him that way.
All I said was I am just glad he cared about his presence and not look like a freaking pig pin. I didn't say his clothes had to come from a certain place when I was reference that comment.

Last edited: