Obedience Trainers

mikesuep

Can anyone tell me of a good trainer. I have a small Papillion around 2 Lbs and all the trainers here are use to larger dogs. I will use a personal trainer if anyone knows of one. I would also like to know a good vet that specializes in small dogs.

doglovers

I don't know of any trainers or vets who specialize in small dogs. However, I can recommend a vet that I have been extremely happy with. Three Notch Veterinary Hospital. They're in Hollywood. All of the doctors I have come in contact with are excellent. One, in particular comes to mind, but I can't remember her last name. Her first name is Rebecca. She has gone out of her way for me a few times.

Good luck with your search.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by doglovers
I don't know of any trainers or vets who specialize in small dogs. However, I can recommend a vet that I have been extremely happy with. Three Notch Veterinary Hospital. They're in Hollywood. All of the doctors I have come in contact with are excellent. One, in particular comes to mind, but I can't remember her last name. Her first name is Rebecca. She has gone out of her way for me a few times.
I think she moved to Florida back in October/ November, unless there were two Rebecca's, I could be wrong.

J

justhangn

We used Apple Jacks on Rt 6 for our training.

There were several people there that had small dogs for training. 1 Min Pin, 1 Jack Russle.

It was hilarious to watch the woman with the Min Pin...she would pull the leash to correct the dog and it would lift the dog off of the ground. :lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
However, I can recommend a vet that I have been extremely happy with. Three Notch Veterinary Hospital. They're in Hollywood. All of the doctors I have come in contact with are excellent. One, in particular comes to mind, but I can't remember her last name. Her first name is Rebecca. She has gone out of her way for me a few times.

:yeahthat: Her last name is Ironmonger. I've been with Three Notch since it was just Drs. Veitch and Langford. I'll never forget Dr. Veitch meeting us at the hospital and opening up at 10 on a Saturday night to take care of my kitty, who had been bitten by a copperhead. He then took the kitty home with him so he could watch him overnight. Three Notch is the best. :yay:

doglovers

YES!!! :yeahthat: That's her! She moved??? :bawl:

Dr. Langford has also seen Charlie. Sounds very in-character for him to do that for your kitty. They're all awesome.

There was a younger guy there who took spent a lot of time with my girlfriend's dog, the Golden Retriever I mentioned before. She died at only about 3 yrs old. He determined that she had a malformed kdney that possibly occurred when she was still a puppy in the womb. Anyway, he did the same type of thing with her. He brought her with him while he was doing surgery so he could keep an eye on her, but she was a really well behaved dog anyway.

Your story about Dr Langford reminds me of some of the James Herriot stories I've read. Vets are special people.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Your story about Dr Langford reminds me of some of the James Herriot stories I've read. Vets are special people.
Actually, it was Dr. Veitch, but Dr. Langford would have done the same thing if it had been his turn. I have the utmost respect for vets and love the ones at Three Notch.

I have read EVERY James Herriott book ever written, and probably wore out a few of them. I so wanted to be a vet when growing up. Unfortunately, reality knocked and said you needed to make a living NOW. :lol:

doglovers

Oops :duh: Wrong Dr. I should have been blonde, really.

Too funny about the James Herriot books. Maybe that should be on a different thread.

Too bad about not realizing your dream of becoming a vet. It's not glamourous by any stretch of the imagination, neither is the pay, or the long years of school involved and the having to keep up with new developments, but the people who become them are there because they really want to be.

OliveOyl

We used Applejack K-9 as well.

Three Notch might be good, but don't ever use their grooming services. They hit our dog on the head and caused his eye to get bloody. :frown:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Three Notch and Dr. Vietch have been the best.

Many years ago, he treated my cat when she was hit by a car (we think) and shattered her back leg, bit her tongue 2/3 way through, road rashed her face, and broke off her top fangs. I was unemployed at the time and could not justify having her put down and he was very fair in letting me work out my payments. I think he was more impressed that her life was more important to me than the money and that a lot of people would have just said, off the kitty!

They also treated my GSD 2 days before Christmas for an absessed tooth and I have also had her at the groomers with no problems.

My pets have been going there for 13 years.