Test Your Dog's IQ

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
How smart is your dog? Can your dog use its brain-power to figure out solutions to tough problems? Liz Crenshaw has a doggie IQ test you can give your dog to find out.

Doggie IQ Test

*Warning * It is rather involved. Let me know if anyone finishes it. :lol:

They also had a rank of the smartest dog breeds. The top 20 were:

1 Border collie

2 Poodle

3 German shepherd

4 Golden retriever

5 Doberman pinscher

6 Shetland sheepdog

7 Labrador retriever

8 Papillon

9 Rottweiler

10 Australian cattle dog

11 Pembroke Welsh corgi

12 Miniature schnauzer

13 English springer spaniel

14 Belgian Tervuren

15 Schipperke
Belgian sheepdog

16 Collie
Keeshond

17 German short-haired pointer

18 Flat-coated retriever
English cocker spaniel
Standard schnauzer

19 Brittany spaniel

20 Cocker spaniel

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My SIL has a border collie and it's the dumbest damn dog you've ever seen in your life. Don't get me wrong - he's my favorite nephew - but dumb as a post.

doglovers

I'd be willing to put a boxer I used to have against that Border Collie in a test of (lack of) wits.

This dog would chase the little laser pointer thing and run headlong into a wall...every time. He was appropriately named Goofy. Dumb as a brick boy, but in his defense I would have to say that he was as sweet as the day is long.

slackwater514

I have to say, I had a miniature schnauzer who couldn't find her way around a pencil stood up in front of her (she'd just stand there, listening to you call her, as if to say - I would come, but there's this thing in my way!), but I've had beagles who could get out of a box made for Houdini. I know beagles are touted as being stupid because they are independently-minded and don't obendience train well, but I have yet to have one that didn't require some serious thought to outsmart of some bad behavior.

slackwater514

I have to say, I had a miniature schnauzer who couldn't find her way around a pencil stood up in front of her (she'd just stand there, listening to you call her, as if to say - I would come, but there's this thing in my way!), but I've had beagles who could get out of a box made for Houdini. I know beagles are touted as being stupid because they are independently-minded and don't obendience train well, but I have yet to have one that didn't require some serious thought to outsmart of some bad behavior.