Sitter Needed

K

kris31280

:Deleted:

And while we're at it, I may actually scream in frustration.

How can 2 places that are only 1200 miles apart be so different?

For the first time since I've decided to move here, I seriously want to move back because at least in Minnesota people know the meaning of customer service, I don't have to chronically repeat myself to cashiers and other service employees, and people can speak plainly without being questioned on a chronic and consistant basis about the true meaning of what they're trying to say.

:jameo:

Last edited by a moderator:

PrincessK

Simply Me <3
kris31280 said:
I have a Friday class from 2:30 until 5:40 on Fridays and my mom will actually be out of town my first week of school. Does anyone know of a sitter whom is reasonably priced that I'd be able to have come to my house to watch my son from abouty 2 pm until about 6 pm?

Just next Friday?!

smoothmarine187

kris31280 said:
I have a Friday class from 2:30 until 5:40 on Fridays and my mom will actually be out of town my first week of school. Does anyone know of a sitter whom is reasonably priced that I'd be able to have come to my house to watch my son from abouty 2 pm until about 6 pm?

Send a PM to Pingrr, he watches kids.

Mikeinsmd

Kain99 said:
This is a first! Dayum! :lmao:
:howdy: y'all. I'm new here and don't know any of ya but I need a total stranger to come to my house and watch my kid for 3 hours. I figured an internet bulletin board is the best place to find one.

If I fail here I could always go to myspace or a yahoo chat room. TIA :flowers:

Mikeinsmd

kris31280 said:
Wow... could that have been any more :sarcasm:?

Where I come from there are parent networks where parents ask each other such things and get referrals for different things like sitters and pediatricians and other child related things. This is not where you come from. You don't know anybody here but your family. If you did, you wouldn't be advertising for a stranger to come watch your toddler.

I was simply looking for a starting off point. :backpeddle:

Once I had a recommendation/referral I'd obviously interview the person and at minimum run a background check on them. :killingme This is hilarious!!! How ya gonna do that? :bubble: Search their name on the internet? Get the full lowdown on em between now and next Friday?

But please... continue with your :sarcasm:
I hope by my :sarcasm: you've realized what a stupid idea you had and won't let a stranger come to your house to watch your kid.

K

Kain99

Sweetie you are new here. Mike and I can promise you that we have seen some very bad people join us on this forum. It seems safe here but it really and truly isn't. This is the internet and predators are among us.

Mikeinsmd

kris31280 said:
How am I going to do a background check? My parents are property owners in Minnesota, they have to run background checks on tenants and so they have an actual subscription to such a product.

I would not let a total stranger in my house, and I have 2 weeks to find a sitter, not one... which gives me time.
Perverts and predaters have clean records until they're caught.

Lets say you check out a seemingly very nice person who's background comes back clean. The second you're gone, she's on the phone to her BF "Cop Hater".

"Hey CH, I'm watching some lil kid for 3 hours. C'mon over and we can boink like rabbits then you can do those things you like to do. I lub you pookie bear."

Still wanna leave your kid with a stranger????

Mikeinsmd

kris31280 said:

For the first time since I've decided to move here, I seriously want to move back because at least in Minnesota people know the meaning of customer service, I don't have to chronically repeat myself to cashiers and other service employees, and people can speak plainly without being questioned on a chronic and consistant basis about the true meaning of what they're trying to say.

As I said in an earlier post, this isn't where you come from.

Pete

Repete
kris31280 said:

Maybe the chronic use of the word "chronic" chronically confuses them?

K

kris31280

Mikeinsmd said:
Perverts and predaters have clean records until they're caught.

Lets say you check out a seemingly very nice person who's background comes back clean. The second you're gone, she's on the phone to her BF "Cop Hater".

"Hey CH, I'm watching some lil kid for 3 hours. C'mon over and we can boink like rabbits then you can do those things you like to do. I lub you pookie bear."

Still wanna leave your kid with a stranger????

Whatever, I'm done... I deleted it... I can't delete the actual thread despite my wishes to do so... just leave it alone, I'm done.

Your point has been proven, this is obviously not where I'm from... it's some strange foreign land which I have to figure my way around as best as I can.

You happy now? I give up... white flag waving... you win. ####.

K

Kain99

kris31280 said:
Whatever, I'm done... I deleted it... I can't delete the actual thread despite my wishes to do so... just leave it alone, I'm done.

Your point has been proven, this is obviously not where I'm from... it's some strange foreign land which I have to figure my way around as best as I can.

You happy now? I give up... white flag waving... you win. ####.
I'm pretty sure there are really bad internet stalkers in Minnesota too. Mike was just trying to protect your baby.

Mikeinsmd

Kain99 said:
I'm pretty sure there are really bad internet stalkers in Minnesota too. Mike was just trying to protect your baby.
Believe it or not I was. Even though I don't have kids, I love em. That's one reason I rag on Tigg so much. The kids are innocent and rely on us to protect them. :howdy:

K

kris31280

Mikeinsmd said:
Believe it or not I was. Even though I don't have kids, I love em. That's one reason I rag on Tigg so much. The kids are innocent and rely on us to protect them. :howdy:
Well then, why instead of insulting my parenting ability or my quest in attempting to locate help, do you not point me in the direction of some notable source which can help me?

I'm aware there are internet stalkers... and like I said, I fully intend to investigate ANYONE who watches my child...

All I know is my mom, who would normally watch my son, is going out of town for 1 week on her annual time share vacation. That week just happens to be the same week my classes start. I have exactly one class that falls during daytime hours when I don't have a back up sitter and so I was asking, in a parenting forum, if anyone had anyone they'd recommend, because that is the only way I know of to go about finding a babysitter. Since this is a forum for souther maryland residents I thought it would be fine to pose such a question, and instead I'm being told that I'm flat out endangering my child.

Like I said, ok, fine you win and you've made your point. I have no idea what the hell I'm dealing with in regards to the people out here. You're a different breed of people and I've got to figure out exactly how ya'll work before I attempt to co-mingle. It's as if I speak english and the rest of you speak greek. Whatever... this has frustrated me enough for one day. I'll try to figure it out on my own without asking for help or I'll try to locate a new source of help.