Baby Carrier

H

hborror

Looking to buy a Baby Carrier, any recommendations. I will be using it a lot so I I need something fairly easy to get her in and out of. Also something comfy for her to be in. Are Slings and wraps good?

H

hborror

While I was looking I came across this... Kinda creepy if you ask me. I couldn't carry my child like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
hborror said:
While I was looking I came across this... Kinda creepy if you ask me. I couldn't carry my child like that.
:roflmao: You might as well go buy a duffel bag at Dick's. :lmao:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
My daughter hated the slings (I tried the hotsling and an el-cheapo one I found at Target). We finally tried the Baby Bjorn and it was AWESOME. She loved being in it, and it allowed me to have both hands free for shopping. It's basically a baby backpack that you wear on your front. They can either face in (when they're very young), or out (when they have better head and neck control). The basic model runs about $70, but you can get "sport" ones up to $130 or so.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Club'nBabySeals said:
My daughter hated the slings (I tried the hotsling and an el-cheapo one I found at Target). We finally tried the Baby Bjorn and it was AWESOME. She loved being in it, and it allowed me to have both hands free for shopping. It's basically a baby backpack that you wear on your front. They can either face in (when they're very young), or out (when they have better head and neck control). The basic model runs about $70, but you can get "sport" ones up to $130 or so.

My son loved his as well

Hawkeyewife

Both my children loved being in slings. It took some getting used to, but we all learned what we liked. I even have one that is made out of a mesh material that blocks UVA/UVB rays so I can take my little one in the pool with me (for very short periods of time) to cool off. That was great when my second arrived in May 2005 and my first (who was 2 at the time) didn't want to slow down. We plan on using our slings for baby #3 due in December.

We have also used the Baby Bjorn from time to time. Please read the warnings. Don't place a child in one of those carriers until s/he can hold their head up (about 4 months). Also, please limit the time you carry your baby in a Baby Bjorn, they can be bad on their developing spines. It really bothers me when I see newborns in one of those things, I know its because their parents are unaware of the risks or do not read the warning labels.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Carried all 5 of mine from birth till they where too heavy in one of these.....

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2585698&cp=2255983.2256186

Would put them facing me when they were newborn so that it was easier to feed them....then I turned them around when they were about 3 months old

When they got to heavy to carry on the front....I used one of these till they were old enough to get around by themselves....

http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...&cp=2255983.2256186.2256190&parentPage=family

Club'nBabySeals said:

I don't care for the Bjorns, or similar carriers. It just looks like it would make them bow-legged.

Goobergrl6

how old is the baby? I have used ring slings, a moby wrap, and a Mei Tai. I also had the mesh ring sling for the pool. Love them all and they all work better for different ages and sizes of the kiddos. I can still wear my 3 yo if he wants! I am by no means an expert but I would be happy to answer any questions.

H

hborror

Goobergrl6 said:
how old is the baby? I have used ring slings, a moby wrap, and a Mei Tai. I also had the mesh ring sling for the pool. Love them all and they all work better for different ages and sizes of the kiddos. I can still wear my 3 yo if he wants! I am by no means an expert but I would be happy to answer any questions.

She will be 6 months in a couple days. I need something that will be nice enough for a 9 month old too as we are going to Disney in Dec. and I want her to have the option of sitting with me or in her stroller.

sockgirl77

I used my Baby Bjorn and loved it. However, I'd much rather deal with a stroller for a 9 month old than to wear out my shoulders. :shrug:

Goobergrl6

if you have the right baby carrier it should not hurt to wear your baby. I would suggest a moby wrap ( a bit more of a learning curve but is great) or a mei tai. You can google both to find sites that sell them and ways to carry baby in them. Even a ring sling would work but they only go on one shoulder so it does not distribute the weight as much. The first 2 go over both shoulders so the weigh is more even.

Goobergrl6

FromTexas said:
I thought a few of those is what leads to pregnancy... :confused:

If you don't want to buy a carrier, I have an extra cat case or two. :yay:

thankfully they are spelled different but I have made the spelling mistake one to many times! I think it is my wishful thinking LOL!

Goobergrl6

hey I know a girl who is now offering loner kits of a bunch of different baby carriers or you can just go over or meet her somewhere to try them out to see which works best for you. She lives in town creek. I will pm the info to you and if anyone else wants it just PM me.

Speedy70 said:
I don't care for the Bjorns, or similar carriers. It just looks like it would make them bow-legged.

I went against my own theory and bought a Bjorn today. I tried the Hotsling and it was too awkward getting him in and out of it. I got the Baby Bjorn Active at Babies R Us. He is sleeping in it as I type. :lol:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Speedy70 said:
I went against my own theory and bought a Bjorn today. I tried the Hotsling and it was too awkward getting him in and out of it. I got the Baby Bjorn Active at Babies R Us. He is sleeping in it as I type. :lol:
When my baby was smaller she had to have attention 24/7 or she would cry. She loved being held. I used the Bjorn to get all the house work done. Really helped out a lot.