new member has question about "Gardasil"

debbie t

Hello all..My name is Debbie and I live in Las Vegas Nv.My siser lives in Elkton MD. I joined your forum yesterday because I had some questions about Gardasil(new injection drug for young girls to help prevent certain types of cancer)( the shot is for girls from ages 9 to 19yrs old only).... I was surfing the net and your site came along...My sister was at her docter with her 14 yr old daughter last week to get a measles booster and the docter offered her this injection. He told her it was a series of 3 injections over a 6 month period and it had no real side effects. He also said, that it was the new miracle drug of this centrury.
She refused the injection and told him that she wanted to do some research...He kept reasurring her that this drug was safe. My sister and I are very close, so of course she called me to ask me if I've ever heard of this drug...I told her just in commiericals...I began my search for info on Gardasil yesterday and could not believe what I was reading...The drug has only been on the market a year or so and the clinical trials were only done on 2000 young girls over the last 5 yrs....72% ended up in the emergency room with terrible side effects, such as fever,spasms,temporary blindness,rashes and 3 died...there study does not have a long term or short term effect data posted..Almost 55,000 young girls have had this injection already...there are so many safety issues related to this drug on the web..Judial watch..Medical alert..New England journel of medicine and the list goes on....
My question is ...does anyone in this forum have personal experience with this drug??? It seems to me that the DRUG COMPANIES push there products out before any real data is avb and the FDA goes right along with them with hardly any real regulations, and before the clinical studies are completed.
It scared me to think that parents were giving there young girls this treatment before really knowing any of the long or short term effects. The only positive reports I have read about this drug comes from the web sites that were posted by the drug companies. The web was full of medical alerts and warning about Gardasil.
Sorry this post is so long, but I'm hungry for info, from real people...I was dx with MS last year and my Neuro docter offered me so many differnt types of drugs . I went on a injectable drug that I thought and he claimed was safe and almost died...It taught me, to do my homework.
Our young girls are the most important thing on this earth and not to be used as guinea pigs....
Thanks for your time...Debbie T

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
I have no personal experience with this vaccine. Have you read the CDC report?

Here is what the NEJM says;NEJM

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Are you saying there is a report out there that says 72% of the 55,000 girls who have gotten the vaccine have gone to the emergency room for treatments? That is over 40,000 of the 55,000.

I find it hard to believe that.

debbie t

Misunderstood my post

Pete said:
Are you saying there is a report out there that says 72% of the 55,000 girls who have gotten the vaccine have gone to the emergency room for treatments? That is over 40,000 of the 55,000.

I find it hard to believe that.
Hello, no..If you read my post carefully, I said, that only 2000 women were given clinical studies, using Gardasil and 72% of the 2000 ended up in the emergency room with minor or major problems.(3 died) (2 had exsisting heart problems...55,000 of our young women have already taken the shot., and the numbers are growing because of the wonderful avertisments on the tv and radio. No follow up or reports of those women already on Gardasil. No long or short term effects are avb and there not even sure if the drug works... All the reports that I've read, on crediable sites, none of which are the drug companies sites are showing negative results...the FDA guidlines..only a small percent of results and data is released before putting the drug on the market. (a very small percent, something like 58%of the clinical findings.
I'm just fishing around to see if anyone on this site had any personal experience with Gardasil. My sister made the decision to wait until the drug has been on the Market a while before giving it to her 14yr old daughter.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. All my MS groups and forums say..KNOWLEDGE IS POWER...and I really take that serious.
debbie t