Mouth cancer

usagent

Anyone ever know someone who chewed tobacco and got mouth cancer? I've heard stories but never actually new anyone who had it happen.

p.s. grandma dips and were concerned.

usagent

Pasofever said:
Yep I know of 2 or 3 people that have 1/2 their jaw from chewing..

Now, if I new a person with 1/2 a jaw, I'd remember if it was 2 people or 3 people but I get it. I'm sorry :flowers: . I would never throw rocks at your scarey animals.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
usagent said:
Now, if I new a person with 1/2 a jaw, I'd remember if it was 2 people or 3 people but I get it. I'm sorry :flowers: . I would never throw rocks at your scarey animals.

And I would never kiss your grandma.. :huggy:

Lilypad

usagent said:
Anyone ever know someone who chewed tobacco and got mouth cancer? I've heard stories but never actually new anyone who had it happen.
p.s. grandma dips and we're concerned.

No harm intended but she is a grandma-why now? :confused:

Chewing tobacco and snuff-
Spit tobacco, also known as chewing tobacco and snuff, are forms of tobacco that are put between the cheek and gum. Chewing tobacco can be in the form of leaf tobacco (which is packaged in pouches), or plug tobacco (which are packaged in "brick" form). Snuff is a powdered form of tobacco, usually sold in cans. The nicotine is released from the tobacco as the user "chews."
Although chewing tobacco and snuff are considered "smokeless" tobacco products, harmful chemicals including nicotine are ingested. Other chemicals in chewing tobacco and snuff include:

nuclear waste
cancer-causing agents (carcinogens)
car battery chemicals
cyanide (a type of poison)
arsenic
benzine
lead
formaldehyde (normally used to embalm corpses)

Chewing tobacco and snuff can cause cancer in the cheek, gums, and lips. Like a pipe, cancer often occurs where the tobacco is held in the mouth. Cancer caused by "smokeless" tobacco often begins as leukoplakia (a condition characterized by a whitish patch that develops inside the mouth or throat) or erythroplakia (a condition characterized by a red, raised patch that develops inside the mouth). Other problems associated with chewing tobacco and snuff include periodontal disease, tooth discoloration, and bad breath, among others.

Google is your friend....

M

missperky

Yes I knew someone that got mouth cancer from chewing tobacco, it was nasty, he died from it in 1996.

M

missperky

usagent said:
Thank's I quit. I mean Grandma. Grandma quits

If you, er I mean grandma doesn't mind holes in her face it's all good.

D

dems4me

Any tobacco use puts you at risk for oral cancer, and even two fold if there's heavy alcohol usage.

D

dems4me

usagent said:
No kidding? "as I put beer down" this stinks.

No :shrug: Everytime I visit ENT office I see these posters all over the place saying about head and neck cancer and how if you drink and use tobacco you are at high risk :shrug:

dems4me said:
No :shrug: Everytime I visit ENT office I see these posters all over the place saying about head and neck cancer and how if you drink and use tobacco you are at high risk :shrug:
It affects you so much you go home, light up and pop a top, huh...:lol:

bcp

In My Opinion
Only one person I know had an issue.
he was in his 50s, been chewing the chewy stuff since he was a teen.

ended up with cancer in his mouth, had to get his lower gums cut out on one side, then the jaw bone removed.
they stuck a cadavors bone in place of the cut out jawbone and the after about a year they put a plate in with some false teeth so he could get back to chewing properly.

bcp

In My Opinion
dems4me said:
Any tobacco use puts you at risk for oral cancer, and even two fold if there's heavy alcohol usage.
how do you use heavy alcohol on your smokes? wont it make it wet and keep it from burning?

and, if you drinking light beer, will that make it safer?