Tipping

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
As a groomer working for myself (not a shop where I get paid 50%) I do not expect tips but I would say most of my customers tip probably 50% anywhere from $2-$5 is average...but I have gotten as much as $20 and one time got a $50 tip...:banana:

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Pasofever said:
As a groomer working for myself (not a shop where I get paid 50%) I do not expect tips but I would say most of my customers tip probably 50% anywhere from $2-$5 is average...but I have gotten as much as $20 and one time got a $50 tip...:banana:

I'm taking him to a vet where they also board and wash dogs. BTW that last tip wasn't from me! :>)

$2-$5 sounds good. I would hope they (groomers) are being paid a decent wage but a tip for good services is justified.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
nhboy said:
I'm taking him to a vet where they also board and wash dogs. BTW that last tip wasn't from me! :>)

$2-$5 sounds good. I would hope they (groomers) are being paid a decent wage but a tip for good services is justified.

Groomers in shops make usually 45-55% then taxes out of that..Petco employees I HEAR make hourly wage not much more then minimum wage. They do on site training and they work right on the dogs :yikes: I would think groomers working out would really appreciate any tip they get..Spinner and myself work out of our houses and work for ourselves. We can charge a little less and make more for ourselves. We also have less overhead then a shop most are renting. I can do less dogs and make more $.

Nanny Pam

I usually do Jake myself, but when he goes to the groomer, I tip 20%.
When I take Woody, which is once a year for his summer clipping, I still tip 20% but I also take them 2 loaves of banana bread.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Nanny Pam said:
I usually do Jake myself, but when he goes to the groomer, I tip 20%.
When I take Woody, which is once a year for his summer clipping, I still tip 20% but I also take them 2 loaves of banana bread.

I love food the best...I love Christmas we get cookies and banana bread candies :yum: I get veggies in the summer...:dance:

Loper

Animal Poor!
Pasofever said:
I love food the best...I love Christmas we get cookies and banana bread candies :yum: I get veggies in the summer...:dance:

hey Paso you have a business card? my next door neighbor has 3 little ####zu's he's looking to get groomed. or can I just give him your cell?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Loper said:
hey Paso you have a business card? my next door neighbor has 3 little ####zu's he's looking to get groomed. or can I just give him your cell?

I will pm you my business number..thanks..