2003 Nissan Altima Wiring Problem

waggles

Hello everyone,

Just seeing if anyone has heard of a similar issue to this. My 2003 Nissan Altima lost its ability to accelerate on Rt. 4 about 2 months ago because the fuse for the throttle control blew. I got the car to the dealership and they thought they had fixed the problem by replacing the throttle control module (I think that is what they called it), when a week later the rear windshield defroster fuse blew. They took the car back and worked on it more, and when they had replaced the fuse box they went to test it. When testing it, the fuse to the windshield wipers blew and so they mechanic did a very thorough investigation and realized that the car was wired incorrectly at the factory(basically, the wiring was supposed to run through Point A but it was run through Point B, which apparently caused the windshield wiper mechanism to run over the wiring causing it to fray and short out). The fuse box and wiring was actually burned from the electricity and they realized what the problem was when another mechanic heard electicity arcing when the car was running (gotta wonder how far I was from an electrical fire...).

After about a month of negotiation, Nissan has thus far refused to cover the cost of the repairs and other incidentals (approximately $2000) because the car was out of warranty. They recently denied the claim saying that the fuse blew like it was supposed to (my thought: well yes it did but had you all wired the car correctly none of this would have happened and I'm not asking for reimbursement for a $.25 fuse) but refuse to put their reasoning for denying the claim in writing. Has anyone else had or heard of a similar problem with a 2003 Nissan Altima? I tend to think this is an isolated case but you never know.

I have a couple of potential recourses in mind but I want to see if anyone has heard of something similar happening to a vehicle like this.

Thanks!

Waggles