week 1

thedoug

It is finally here, the first week of the NFL regular season and the first week of fantasy football season. The first game of the year is going to be a score fest between the Saints and Colts on THURSDAY night, make sure you have your roster changes in on time.

Let's start off with some key roster changes:

OAK:
Culpepper is the safe gamble, if there is such a thing.

KC:
Damon Huard is starting but I hope he is not on your fantasy team.

JAX:
David Garrard is the starter and will be unless injured. Leftwich was released from the team.

TEN:
LenDale White and Chris Brown will split time

CLE:
Charlie Frye is the starter... this week.

DET:
Kevin Jones will be back later this season but Tatum Bell is the starter for now

MIN:
Chester Taylor will start over Adrian Peterson. Unless Taylor gets injured, don't expect to see much playing time out of Peterson this year.

CAR:
Foster and Williams are going to split time again this year. I would value Williams over Foster throughout the year due to Foster's past injuries.

ATL:
Warrick Dunn is still the starter but Norwood should see a lot more time this season and is worth keeping.

Here are the guys that you should definitely start this week:

Drew Brees
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Donovan McNabb
Trent Green
Matt Hasselbeck
David Garrard
Tom Brady

Reggie Bush
Duece McAlister
Maurice Jones Drew
Fred Taylor
Willie Parker
DeShaun Foster
Marion Barber
Frank Gore
Edgerrin James

Reggie Wayne
Marvin Harrison
Reggie Brown
Chris Chambers
Deion Branch
Plaxico Burress
Chad Johnson
Larry Fitsgerald

Jeremy Shockey
LJ Smith
Dallas Clark

JAX
DEN
PIT
PHI
MIN
MIA

And you might think twice before you start the following guys:

Brett Favre
Joey Harrington
Tarvaris Jackson
Vince Young
JP Losman
Jon Kitna

Joseph Addai
Brandon Jackson
Jerious Norwood
Warrick Dunn
Ronnie Brown
Jamal Lewis

Donald Driver
Troy Williamson
Bobby Wade
Brandon Jones
Eric Moulds

IND
NO
GB
TEN
WAS

Good luck and again, submit your lineups before tomorrow night's game.

thedoug

For you

Here are my roster suggestions for the week

Mainman

Deion Branch over Lee Evans

NoMoney

Green over Schaub
DEN over BAL

AK74me

Ronnie Brown over Chris Brown
McMichael over Stevens
Lienert, Bush, C Taylor, Moss Stallworth, and Henderson
Brees, T Jones, R Brown, C Johnson, and D Bennett
Bush, Barber, Alexander or F Taylor, if you have flex positions, play your RBs in them.

Kom526

Muhammad over Randle El
Stallworth over Jacoby Jones
Henderson over Hackett
C Taylor over Betts

and here is what I am doing with my teams:

Randy Moss over Galloway
Portis over Chris Henry

Santana Moss over Jerry Porter

Stallworth over Coles
F Taylor over A Green and Lynch

Eli over Palmer
Galloway and Bruce over Evans

Brady and Palmer over Green
NYJ over GB
Gostkowski over Stover

Foster and Jacobs over Lynch, Jordan, and C Henry
Galloway over Porter and Mason
Graham over Gostkowski

R Moss and Reggie Brown over Stallworth and Bruce
Portis over C Brown
DAL over GB

LJ Smith over Dallas Clark

mainman

Set Trippin
DungeonMaster said:
Here are my roster suggestions for the week

Mainman

Deion Branch over Lee Evans

NoMoney

Green over Schaub
DEN over BAL

AK74me

Ronnie Brown over Chris Brown
McMichael over Stevens
Lienert, Bush, C Taylor, Moss Stallworth, and Henderson
Brees, T Jones, R Brown, C Johnson, and D Bennett
Bush, Barber, Alexander or F Taylor, if you have flex positions, play your RBs in them.

Kom526

Muhammad over Randle El
Stallworth over Jacoby Jones
Henderson over Hackett
C Taylor over Betts

and here is what I am doing with my teams:

Randy Moss over Galloway
Portis over Chris Henry

Santana Moss over Jerry Porter

Stallworth over Coles
F Taylor over A Green and Lynch

Eli over Palmer
Galloway and Bruce over Evans

Brady and Palmer over Green
NYJ over GB
Gostkowski over Stover

Foster and Jacobs over Lynch, Jordan, and C Henry
Galloway over Porter and Mason
Graham over Gostkowski

R Moss and Reggie Brown over Stallworth and Bruce
Portis over C Brown
DAL over GB

LJ Smith over Dallas Clark
Thank you... I was thinking about asking the question... You are 2 steps ahead of me...:lmao: :yay:

I also picked up Dallas Clark and waivers and I am starting him over Kellen Winslow this week....

thedoug

itsbob said:
I never understood Fantasy Football.. how does it work!??

Basically you pretend you own a team. You and 11 other junkies sit around taking turns choosing real NFL players based on how you think they will perform throughout the regular season to make up your team. You get points each week based on the players performance. You'll get points based on yards, TDs, sacks, INTs, etc. Whoever's team does the best that week wins. Usually you go for 12-14 weeks with the last couple weeks of regular NFL season being the fantasy playoffs.

thedoug

mainman said:
Thank you... I was thinking about asking the question... You are 2 steps ahead of me...:lmao: :yay:

I also picked up Dallas Clark and waivers and I am starting him over Kellen Winslow this week....

Good call.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Schefter from NFL Network is reprting that McCown is starting for Oakland. (rumor)
I have Leinart and Schaub as QB's, I've heard that KC is suspect in their secondary, but Zona IS play San Fran...

I let El go earlier this week and picked Hackett up. I can't find any info on Moss and his hammy so he maybe a game time decision for me. I may start Stallworth just to be safe.

I'm just pumped for some REAL football!! :larry: :yay:

thedoug

kom526 said:
Schefter from NFL Network is reprting that McCown is starting for Oakland. (rumor)
I have Leinart and Schaub as QB's, I've heard that KC is suspect in their secondary, but Zona IS play San Fran...

I let El go earlier this week and picked Hackett up. I can't find any info on Moss and his hammy so he maybe a game time decision for me. I may start Stallworth just to be safe.

I think the whole OAK QB situation all year is going to be rumors. I would stay away from either anyway and until the line can prove itself I wouldn't be too ready to start LaMont Jordan either.

Leinart is a little more proven than Schaub also.

I personally think Moss will play but if you have both I would start Stallworth over Moss. Even if Moss does play, Stallworth will put up some numbers.

Hackett is the number 2 right now over Nate Burleson and can catch the dep ball. He started when D Jack was injured last year. I would play Stallworth over him though.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Ok so I am pretty much set for my line-up this week. Except this-

pick one

A. Peterson
L. White
T. Jones

Normally I would pick T. Jones but he is questionable with a calf, not only that but the Pats have a decent run defense. The other 2 are splitting time and are still not proven although I think both could be the clear starter by the middle of the year.

So it comes down to who is gonna get more playing time/TD opps.

White?
or
Peterson?

or do I gamble and hope T. Jones plays?

thedoug

AK-74me said:
Ok so I am pretty much set for my line-up this week. Except this-

pick one

A. Peterson
L. White
T. Jones

Normally I would pick T. Jones but he is questionable with a calf, not only that but the Pats have a decent run defense. The other 2 are splitting time and are still not proven although I think both could be the clear starter by the middle of the year.

So it comes down to who is gonna get more playing time/TD opps.

White?
or
Peterson?

or do I gamble and hope T. Jones plays?

Adrian Peterson won't be sharing much time and White is sharing time against the Jags. I don't think Jones' calf will keep him out of the game but might limit him a little bit. I would play Jones, if you are too worried then play White.

thedoug

kom526 said:

The Raiders site just talks about Culpepper but the depth chart has both listed at No. 1.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
DungeonMaster said:
Adrian Peterson won't be sharing much time and White is sharing time against the Jags. I don't think Jones' calf will keep him out of the game but might limit him a little bit. I would play Jones, if you are too worried then play White.

Do you have Info that Chester Taylor is the "man" as of right now in Minn. I know he is the starter but how confident are you that he is gonna get more than 50%? of the carries? TIA

thedoug

AK-74me said:
Do you have Info that Chester Taylor is the "man" as of right now in Minn. I know he is the starter but how confident are you that he is gonna get more than 50%? of the carries? TIA

Right now it is his job to lose. Peterson will get more reps throughout the year but even Reggie Bush only had 19 rushes for 102 yards in his first 4 games last year.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
DungeonMaster said:
Right now it is his job to lose. Peterson will get more reps throughout the year but even Reggie Bush only had 19 rushes for 102 yards in his first 4 games last year.

Ok, I am going with T. Jones, fingers crossed.

kom526

C Taylor (Minn)
or
L Betts (Was)

Portis is starting but he's not in football shape and Betts didn't get a ton of time during the pre season. OBTW R. Bush is not sitting this week.

thedoug

kom526 said:
C Taylor (Minn)
or
L Betts (Was)

Portis is starting but he's not in football shape and Betts didn't get a ton of time during the pre season. OBTW R. Bush is not sitting this week.

Taylor... OOH let me see if I can get Bush in over Ron Dayne then, thanks.

kom526

MMDad has a strong lead after tonight's game, but there is still Sunday...On the other hand, my nfl.com team will have its azz handed to them rather easily :doh:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Rough night for me last night.

R. Bush = Suck
D. Clark = Suck
O. Mare = Suck
D. Brees = Big Suck

Can only get better from here.