Meow TV - Television Show for Cats Set to Debut

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Decatur, Ala. (AP) - A Decatur manufacturer is hoping a new television show will be a cat-alyst for a new wave of programming.

"Meow TV," developed by the Meow Mix Co., debuts Friday at 6:30 p.m. on the Oxygen Network. It's the first show targeted at cats. Not cat lovers. Cats.

Decatur is home to the Secaucus, N.J.-based company's only manufacturing facility.

The half-hour program was developed after research showed that one-third of cats enjoy watching television, said Ira Cohen, marketing director for Meow Mix.

"It's real fun," Cohen said. "The mission of the Meow Mix Co. is to keep cats happy, so we developed this program for cats and the people they tolerate."

The feline-friendly show will air on the Oxygen Network several times in June.

Local workers at the manufacturing plant offered input on the show, which features cat yoga, cat haiku and sporadic video of squirrels and fish.

Actress Sandra Bernhard narrates mock infomercials geared toward humans, such as "The House Cat Shopping Network."

Viewers also can send in birthday greetings to their cats and videos of their cats doing "something cool."

The first episode features a cat that eats with chopsticks and a cat surfing in the ocean.

J

justhangn

I don't mind the "all putty TV" idea

but I do wish it to be on two legs only. :biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: I don't mind the "all putty TV" idea

Originally posted by justhangn
but I do wish it to be on two legs only. :biggrin:

Believe me - they have enough of those channels, but you have to pay for them. :lmao:

:killingme I had a bet with myself who would be the first to respond. I won! :killingme

J

justhangn

Always here to help

You don't have to wonder what I'm thinking for long.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Always here to help

You don't have to wonder what I'm thinking for long.
Yes, as with most guys, it becomes pretty obvious. :really:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let me point out that since cats have no disposable income and don't make good consumers, there will be very few advertisers for this show. That means it won't have the production funding it needs, unless Meow Mix just needs a tax write-off.

cat yoga, cat haiku
And we wonder why Al Qaeda wants us dead. :duh:

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Always here to help

Originally posted by jazz lady
Yes, as with most guys, it becomes pretty obvious. :really:

Men are creatures of sight......where women are creatures of sound. :really:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Always here to help

... where women are creatures of sound. :really:

Gotta walk away from that one... :cool:

Surf City Baby

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Let me point out that since cats have no disposable income and don't make good consumers, there will be very few advertisers for this show. That means it won't have the production funding it needs, unless Meow Mix just needs a tax write-off.

I imagine most cat owners will watch with their pets, so there will be someone to heed whatever ads are aired. In fact, I'd imagine several cat owners will attempt to hold their cats still, directing their attention at the tube: "Hey! Watch, dammit! This is for you!"

[re: cat haiku] And we wonder why Al Qaeda wants us dead. :duh:

"Cat haiku" is hilarious. Here's one I like.

you must scratch me there
yes, above my tail
behold, elevator butt

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I imagine most cat owners will watch with their pets
You cannot possibly be serious. If there is some tard out there who wants to watch TV with their cat, I'm thrilled that there's programming for them - keeps 'em off the streets and away from normal people.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PS, I just told my cats that there was going to be a new TV show for them to watch. They said, "Talk to the butt."

Surf City Baby

You cannot possibly be serious.

Sweetie.... I'm not. :wink: I'd hoped the sentence following the one you quoted would've been clue enough. (Where's the "tongue-in-cheek" smiley?)

I just told my cats that there was going to be a new TV show for them to watch. They said, "Talk to the butt."

:killingme Well then... here's a haiku just for you

we're almost equals
I purr to show I love you
want to sme . . . .

never mind :biggrin:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
But what about the poor feral cat? Who will let them watch their tube?

P.S.
I'll supply the refreshments!! :lmao:

Surf City Baby

Originally posted by Ken King
But what about the poor feral cat? Who will let them watch their tube?

P.S.
I'll supply the refreshments!! :lmao:

Oh, hell... one day I'll have to post the story of the crazy cat ladies of Waldorf.

In the meantime, Ken... don't you worry about a thing. I'll take care of the refreshments. <backing slowly away> :wink:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by Surf City Baby
Oh, hell... one day I'll have to post the story of the crazy cat ladies of Waldorf.

In the meantime, Ken... don't you worry about a thing. I'll take care of the refreshments. <backing slowly away> :wink:
Obviously you weren't around when the feral cat thread was up and running. It was a factor in SOMD re-formatting how the forums are laid out.

Surf City Baby

Obviously you weren't around when the feral cat thread was up and running. It was a factor in SOMD re-formatting how the forums are laid out.

No, I wasn't around then. I apologize if I stepped into a private inside joke. :blushing:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not private or inside at all. About 5 years ago, some guy posted that a feral cat was hanging around his house tormenting his other animals. He wanted to know how to successfully kill the animal, considering he couldn't get close enough to trap it and it was long gone by the time animal control showed up. So thoughtful Ken gave him a suggestion of antifreeze :lol:. Well! The PETAs came out of the woodwork and started our very first forum flamewar, which led to the new forums format and registration process.

So now whenever someone posts about cats, you can say, "Hey, Ken - any suggestions on what they should do with their cat?" :lol:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Not private or inside at all. About 5 years ago, some guy posted that a feral cat was hanging around his house tormenting his other animals. He wanted to know how to successfully kill the animal, considering he couldn't get close enough to trap it and it was long gone by the time animal control showed up. So thoughtful Ken gave him a suggestion of antifreeze :lol:. Well! The PETAs came out of the woodwork and started our very first forum flamewar, which led to the new forums format and registration process.

So now whenever someone posts about cats, you can say, "Hey, Ken - any suggestions on what they should do with their cat?" :lol:
Now, just to get it right I first said that he should trap it, and if all else failed use the ethyl-glycol.

Surf City Baby

Not private or inside at all. About 5 years ago, some guy posted that a feral cat was hanging around his house tormenting his other animals. . . . So thoughtful Ken gave him a suggestion of antifreeze :lol:
Now, just to get it right I first said that he should trap it, and if all else failed use the ethyl-glycol.

That's about what I'd figured, which is why I attempted to joke that "I'll take care of the refreshments." Don't know whether it's the fact that folks aren't used to my posts yet or what, but my attempts at humor are really falling flat. :confused: :frown: Thanks for the explanation, both of you. :cheers:

I wonder if anyone knew & told the guy he could borrow a humane trap from his local animal shelter, then take the cat to the shelter to be put down humanely. At any rate, I'll bet you all had a load of fun with the PETA folks. :bonk: