Peach tea

Pete

Repete
OK, so Boy and I were in Waldorf and we went to Olive Garden instead of Hooters because I am trying to teach him some class.

The beverage I chose was the peach tea, he had a diet coke. he noticed the frozen peach slice in my tea and wanted to taste the tea. He ended up getting his own and now he wants peach tea at home.

So I tried draining a can of the peach juice into the tea......no workie. I looked up a recipe and it said to pour 3 cans of "peach nectar" into 2 qt of ice tea.........no go. It turned out murky like Mississippi River water and it is not that good.

Anyone have a good peach tea formula?

Pete

Repete
BS Gal said:
Nice try, Petey. This post is not gonna lure the wimmin in.
No this is legit. BTW I have 2 cans of that crappy Goya Peach Nectar left if someone wants them.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Let us know when you're making it.

Georgia Peach Iced Tea recipe

1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz rum
fill with sweet and sour mix
1/2 oz peach schnapps

Fill collins glass with ice, add vodka, gin, and rum. Fill with sweet and sour mix. Pour peach schnapps on top.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Pete said:
OK, so Boy and I were in Waldorf and we went to Olive Garden instead of Hooters because I am trying to teach him some class.

The beverage I chose was the peach tea, he had a diet coke. he noticed the frozen peach slice in my tea and wanted to taste the tea. He ended up getting his own and now he wants peach tea at home.

So I tried draining a can of the peach juice into the tea......no workie. I looked up a recipe and it said to pour 3 cans of "peach nectar" into 2 qt of ice tea.........no go. It turned out murky like Mississippi River water and it is not that good.

Their peach tea is the bomb, isn't it! :drool:

Here's what I do...I take a can of peaches, drain them, dip them in sugar and place them on a plate and put them in the freezer.

Then I use this stuff, and make the tea. http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=product&m=product/Product_display&Site=1&Product=4300094521

Once the peaches are frozen, I place one or two in a glass with ice and serve. Voila!

Last edited:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I make tea as normal (stove top method) but cut way back on the sugar. While it's cooking I take one can of cling peaches and blend it up til it's pretty smooth. Then I pull my tea off the stove, add my blended up juice, and regular ole water til it's the right consistency. Then before serving, you can plop a frozen peach or a sprig of mint in it.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Movin' to the country,
gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country,
Gonna eat me a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country,
Movin' to the country,

Peaches come from a can,
they were put there by a man
In a factory downtown
If I had my little way,
I'd eat peaches every day
Sun-soakin' bulges in the shade

Take a little nap where the roots all twist
Squished a rotten peach in my fist
And dreamed about you, woman,
I poked my finger down inside
Make a little room for an ant to hide
Nature's candy in my hand or can or a pie

Millions of peaches, peaches for me
Millions of peaches, peaches for free

Look out!

:dance:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Pete said:
I was hoping to brew it at home and not pay out the ass for pre-made bottled ice tea.

Then by some Peach Tea bags and brew em at home. You may have to try several different tea bags until you find the one you like.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
BS Gal said:

1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz rum
1/2 oz peach schnapps

Fill collins glass with ice, add vodka, gin, and rum. Fill with sweet and sour mix. Pour peach schnapps on top.

Drinks at BS gals house. Happy hour whoo hoo

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Here's one you could try.

Peach or Raspberry Iced Tea recipe
From the kitchen of Donna Henn

6 regular tea bags (any brand)
Water
1 envelope unsweetened peach or raspberry Kool-Aid

Put the tea bags into a 2-quart pan, cover with water, and heat to steep. (Do not boil the tea bags.) After tea has steeped for a while, add one package of either peach or raspberry Kool-Aid. Sweeten tea to taste and pour into a one-gallon pitcher. Fill to the top with cold water. Store in the refrigerator.

Vince

BS Gal said:

1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz rum
1/2 oz peach schnapps

:otter:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Pete said:

Try this

TORANI PEACH MELBA
(similar to the Olive Garden's Bellini Peach Raspberry Iced Tea)

3/4 oz. (1 1/2 Tbsp.) Torani Peach syrup
1/4 oz. (1 1/2 tsp.) Torani Raspberry syrup
Ice
8 oz. (1 cup) brewed tea, chilled
Sprig of mint, for garnish
1 raspberry, for garnish

Fill a 12-ounce glass with ice and add tea. Stir in syrups and garnish with mint and a raspberry.

Serving/Yield: 1-12 oz.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Or

2 large peaches, cut into chunks
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 unsweetened tea

Garnish
1 large peaches, cut into 6 slices
6 sprigs mint
1. Combine peach chunks, sugar, and lemon juice.
2. Allow to sit 30 minutes.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring in sugar until dissolved.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Pour through a strainer, pressing solids to extract flavor and juices.
7. Chill and discard solids.
8. Place about 1-3 tbsp of the peach syrup in a glass and fill with unsweetened tea
9. Garnish with a peach slice and mint sprig.

Pete said:

I've been trying to re-create it too, with no luck. I did overhear one waitress saying it was mostly peach drink with some iced tea added... didn't get much more than that.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
BS Gal said:

1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz rum
1/2 oz peach schnapps

We should not do this together...and NEVER invite Kwillia to join us. She trips me.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
cattitude said:

We should not do this together...and NEVER invite Kwillia to join us. She trips me.
When do you and Kwillia want to come by? I'll get the pool and floaties out.