Octane Fitness Machine

N

nitwhit3286

just got one inside of my apt. complex gym...I really didn't know how to work it so I started using it just like an eliptical....apparently thats not right.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
nitwhit3286 said:
just got one inside of my apt. complex gym...I really didn't know how to work it so I started using it just like an eliptical....apparently thats not right.
Did ya drive over there with your handicapped tags and park in the handicapped place? :popcorn:

N

nitwhit3286

BS Gal said:
Did ya drive over there with your handicapped tags and park in the handicapped place? :popcorn:

I have done that before. I love the irony in it all. :larry:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
nitwhit3286 said:

Why do you say that's not right? It looks like an elliptical, so I would think you would use it as such.

N

nitwhit3286

MDTerps said:
Why do you say that's not right? It looks like an elliptical, so I would think you would use it as such.

yeah, like I did it for two minutes and it told me that it couldn't find a heart rate...so it stopped...that was pretty strange.

SoMDGirl42

nitwhit3286 said:
yeah, like I did it for two minutes and it told me that it couldn't find a heart rate...so it stopped...that was pretty strange.
did you check for one? somebody might be trying to tell ya something :whistle:

N

nitwhit3286

SoMDGirl42 said:
did you check for one? somebody might be trying to tell ya something :whistle:

somebody or a fitness machine? Please, if I didn't have a heart rate...I would be dead.

usagent

nitwhit3286 said:
somebody or a fitness machine? Please, if I didn't have a heart rate...I would be dead.

Not if your a zombie. Zombies are already dead.

Last edited:
N

nitwhit3286

usagent said:
Not if your a zombie. Zombies are already dead.

I very well could be...that explains why my face has been looking rather pale the past couple of days...

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
nitwhit3286 said:
I have done that before. I love the irony in it all. :larry:
That's just great that you can take up handicapped parking places and go exercise while the handicapped people have no place to park. :yay:

N

nitwhit3286

BS Gal said:
That's just great that you can take up handicapped parking places and go exercise while the handicapped people have no place to park. :yay:

There is more than one handicapped parking spot......or are you just jealous?

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
nitwhit3286 said:

Were you holding the heart rate plates correctly? Or maybe your heart rate was to low to read at that point. Maybe ask someone for assistance. If no one is available do a Google search on the equipment to see if it will tell you how to use the machine.

We have a few machines that will read your heart rate but don't have the plates to hold onto. You have to plug in a portable heart rate monitor. So basically that option is useless.

anniemay

My gym has a machine similar. There are the bars that you hold that go back and forth while you are working out, but there are also horizontal stationary bars on the machine. If you take your hands of the moving bars and place them onto the stationary bars, it reads my heart rate.

Not sure if your machine is similar...

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
anniemay said:
My gym has a machine similar. There are the bars that you hold that go back and forth while you are working out, but there are also horizontal stationary bars on the machine. If you take your hands of the moving bars and place them onto the stationary bars, it reads my heart rate.

Not sure if your machine is similar...

Yes it is, but the there are no heart rate pads on those handles, or the handles that move.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
nitwhit3286 said:
There is more than one handicapped parking spot......or are you just jealous?
Naaa, I'm not jealous. I just think handicapped spots should be for handicapped people.

N

nitwhit3286

usagent said:
I didnt know nitwhit3286 was handicapped. Is it physical or mental?

Both!! haha jk jk......it is a physical handicap. i have a titanium rod in my right leg after having cancer. BSGal is just mad because she can't have a permanent handicap tag like I have. Oh well, tough Sh*t for her.

N

nitwhit3286

MDTerps said:
Yes it is, but the there are no heart rate pads on those handles, or the handles that move.

its the pro 3500. I just did the manual today. Every time I hold onto the plates it doesn't even give a reading. I am wondering if the equipment is faulty.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
nitwhit3286 said:
Both!! haha jk jk......it is a physical handicap. i have a titanium rod in my right leg after having cancer. BSGal is just mad because she can't have a permanent handicap tag like I have. Oh well, tough Sh*t for her.
Ya know, if you can walk and exercise and have affairs, perhaps you should leave the parking to the truly handicapped? Just my opinion, but don't take advantage of the public trust. Do you even limp? I wasn't seeing much limping when you were dancing at Toots.