Canon autofocus problems

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Canon Xti with 70-200F2.8 L lens.

I have noticed a focusing issue with the above combination. Does anybody now if there is a way to calibrate the autofocus? Or am I going to have to ship the camera and lens to Canon?

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
I have that same lens, but I never have a problem with it. Maybe you need to get the image sensor cleaned?

Jameo

What?!
Lugnut said:

I have noticed a focusing issue with the above combination. Does anybody now if there is a way to calibrate the autofocus? Or am I going to have to ship the camera and lens to Canon?

Have you taken the lens off and put it back on? Make sure it's on tight. I had the same problem and sure enough, my lens wasnt' on tight :dork: :lmao:

Lugnut said:

Not under any warranty?

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Sensor is clean, lens is tight, camera still under warranty.

I don't want to ship it back if I don't have to.

Lugnut said:
Sensor is clean, lens is tight, camera still under warranty.

I don't want to ship it back if I don't have to.
No idea, maybe clean the contacts? It sounds like it's got a problem though. I don't know about any cal you can do.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
The combination should not really matter, considering it's all Canon gear. The body possesses the AF sensor and calculation side; the lens does the grunt work with its motor and other parts.

What is the "focusing issue"? Does it occur with specific subject matter? Or under specific lighting? Or is it just all over the place?

Vanbells asked a good question of whether this is the only lens that exhibits strange behavior. I imagine you have at least one other lens to try on this body. Do you have another body to try with this lens?

I searched a few forums and could not find anything similar to your problem. Lemons do happen, unfortunately. :shrug:

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
hvp05 said:
Vanbells asked a good question of whether this is the only lens that exhibits strange behavior. I imagine you have at least one other lens to try on this body. Do you have another body to try with this lens?

I searched a few forums and could not find anything similar to your problem. Lemons do happen, unfortunately. :shrug:

That's what I was thinking. I'm still concerned whether it's the camera or the lens itself.

Last edited: