menopause

robbie

Hi, just wondering if anyone belongs to a forum in the area on this subject. New to me but really disruptive. Would be nice to talk to other ladies going through this. Thanks

camily

Peace
robbie said:
Hi, just wondering if anyone belongs to a forum in the area on this subject. New to me but really disruptive. Would be nice to talk to other ladies going through this. Thanks
:popcorn:

ginwoman

Probably a site like webmd.com would have a link to a message board or chat room on menopause. Good luck!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Ill talk to ya. Mine started 5 years ago, Im now 51. Started young in my book. Took me about 3 months to figure it out. I originally thought I was just going crazy. We were on vacation and all I did was cry. I got on board when the hot flashes started. They are the worst. When the hot flashes come so do the night sweats and the mood swings. I take Predison (ithink) something like that. Doctors dont want me on meds for too long, guess you get cancer. It doesnt matter, it seems after a few months meds dont work anyway. So I quit taking them for a few months to let my body readjust, then when I start up again they work. When they work the right it makes a world of difference. When Im like I am now and aint nothing working, OMG, I cant sleep, Im miserable, crabby, cry alot for no reason, ect. All in all It SUCKS!

K

Kain99

I'm 41, and already dealing with the beginings. We all gotta go through it but it isn't fun. :huggy:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
You poor thing, so young. I dont know how others feel but on some days I feel like its going to be me OR you if you dont leave me alone. Some days, maybe both of us. No weapons allowed in my house.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm 49, and done. It wasn't too bad. The earlier you start, and the longer it takes, the less severe the symptoms are. I started going though it in my mid 30's. The worse part was night sweats and hot flashes. Both short lived and pretty predictable. Most of my hot flashes were during the early morning. I was able to get the night sweats under control with progesterone cream (otc). Mood swings were unremarkable.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I cant wait till its over. Im back in full blown crap mode, mood swings and hot flashes and night sweats all at once. It like a cycle and I dont like this part. The cycles seems to last about 3 months. And you do not want to be around me during this. Now when this cycle is over and Im fine again for a few months, its great. But during this time, Im impossible to live with. Today is my 14th anniversary and I could seem to care less. I dont even care if I get a flippen card. I will probably tell him where to put that damn card. AHHHHHH, I love my life.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
I started at age 42 but since I don't have a uterus I only knew by the beginning of night sweats and vaginal dryness. I am still on Premarin but that's because osteoporosis runs in my family. I am naturally biatchy so I would have never been able to tell by mood swings.:lmao: We will be cutting back the dosage this year and weaning me off eventually.
Don't forget to get regular mammo's whether you are on HRT or not.

Good luck! :flowers:

Nanny Pam

I'm 55 and I'm done. IT was a PITA.
I started young too....can't remember how old I was. Oh...your memory will go too. Your teeth might get loose too. The mood swings were horrific. Night sweats were causing coastal flooding, as well as crying fits. Had to have 2 toe-nails removed.
Hair turned gray at 21 so I can't blame menopause for that.

Gained tons of weight. I could go on, but I want to forget about it all. :ohwell:

onebdzee

off the shelf
elaine said:
I'm 49, and done. It wasn't too bad. The earlier you start, and the longer it takes, the less severe the symptoms are. I started going though it in my mid 30's. The worse part was night sweats and hot flashes. Both short lived and pretty predictable. Most of my hot flashes were during the early morning. I was able to get the night sweats under control with progesterone cream (otc). Mood swings were unremarkable.

I started in my mid 30's also and I hope your right about the less severe the symptoms....I think the worst part is the night sweats

My sister who is 3 years older than me, just started going thru it also....Her hubby said that her mood swings are the worst part of it....I'm glad they moved to Texas :lol:

Last edited:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Nanny Pam said:
I'm 55 and I'm done. IT was a PITA.
I started young too....can't remember how old I was. Oh...your memory will go too. Your teeth might get loose too. The mood swings were horrific. Night sweats were causing coastal flooding, as well as crying fits. Had to have 2 toe-nails removed.
Hair turned gray at 21 so I can't blame menopause for that.

Gained tons of weight. I could go on, but I want to forget about it all. :ohwell:

Sh!t, I forgot about the weight gain. Everytime I go to the doctor I gained a few extra. I didnt know what belly fat was til this. Now I know. Enough. When will it end, why cant someone just tell me that. At least then I could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
onebdzee said:
I started in my mid 30's also and I hope your right about the less severe the symptoms....I think the worst part is the night sweats

My sister who is 3 years older than me, just started going thru it also....Her hubby said that her mood swings are the worst part of it....I'm glad they moved to Texas :lol:

Hubby wishes I would move to Texas.

robbie

soo sorry, very busy today. I am 42 and this started a couple yrs. ago but Drs. said no. Now they are coming around to think it is too. I have the dryness, hot flashes in the morning horrible! One thing I get now is a little incontinence. Aggravating. Mood swing isn't bad until period. Had uterine abblation years ago so thats not bad but feel down for a couple days. I just hate the shaky nerves when I have the flashes.
Will talk more later and thanks so much for the support, it really helps talking to others who are going through the same thing. I love my Dr. but he's a man so how much can they know what your going through.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
robbie said:
soo sorry, very busy today. I am 42 and this started a couple yrs. ago but Drs. said no. Now they are coming around to think it is too. I have the dryness, hot flashes in the morning horrible! One thing I get now is a little incontinence. Aggravating. Mood swing isn't bad until period. Had uterine abblation years ago so thats not bad but feel down for a couple days. I just hate the shaky nerves when I have the flashes.
Will talk more later and thanks so much for the support, it really helps talking to others who are going through the same thing. I love my Dr. but he's a man so how much can they know what your going through.

You may want to have your thyroid checked. Hypothryoidism will cause symptoms similar to menopause.