When will she return???

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How long will it be before Annika tries again to play with the boys?

This week she stomped the Ya ya out of her sisterhood only a week after what had to have been an incredibly draining experience playing with the men on a tough golf course.

The PGA is proving it's depth and just how competitive and tough it really is to play at the highest level. It is no longer news if Tiger does not win. In fact, we have Kenny Perry playing his brains out, winning two in a row including the Annika Open last week and the very tough Memorial this week.

Annika won again against the girls? 17 under? ## hum.

She's gotta be itching to play the boys again and make a cut...

Larry Gude said:
How long will it be before Annika tries again to play with the boys?

She's gotta be itching to play the boys again and make a cut...
Ewwwww, Pete... it's true... look at all this sex talk... we've been played.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
A while ago, the Sports Junkies complained that Annika was "emasculating" the lower-tier male golfers. I thought that was ridiculous, as if a man losing to a woman in a contest is an indignity worse than death. (I think "The Honeymooners" based a few episodes on that idea.) As if Fred Couples and Vijay Singh will fall on their pitching wedges in shame.

Tonio said:
A while ago, the Sports Junkies complained that Annika was "emasculating" the lower-tier male golfers. I thought that was ridiculous, as if a man losing to a woman in a contest is an indignity worse than death. (I think "The Honeymooners" based a few episodes on that idea.) As if Fred Couples and Vijay Singh will fall on their pitching wedges in shame.
You do realize that this was "code"... you know... Larry's way of letting Vrai know they would be playing Dr. Green and Nurse Myputter that night...don'tchu...:ohwell:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
kwillia said:
You do realize that this was "code"... you know... Larry's way of letting Vrai know they would be playing Dr. Green and Nurse Myputter that night...don'tchu...:ohwell:
:killingme:

B

Bruzilla

Tonio said:

Is golf really a sport??? I mean if she went to the NFL they would be picking her up off the field in pieces, so if she were beating guys there I could see someone saying she was emasculating them, but golf? Golf is about as strenuous as clicking the button on the remote to change the channel from the PGA to something entertaining.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Bruzilla said:
Golf is about as strenuous as clicking the button on the remote to change the channel from the PGA to something entertaining.
Good point. There's no question that golf requires a lot of skill and practice, but that doesn't qualify it as a sport.

Tonio said:
Good point. There's no question that golf requires a lot of skill and practice, but that doesn't qualify it as a sport especially the way some folks play.
You've seen Air in action, haven't you...:ohwell:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Tonio said:
Good point. There's no question that golf requires a lot of skill and practice, but that doesn't qualify it as a sport.

Ya think?? Playing offensive tackle just requires a little skill and practice to push the guy in front of you out of the way, right?

Pete

Repete
otter said:
Ya think?? Playing offensive tackle just requires a little skill and practice to push the guy in front of you out of the way, right?
Otter please.......

You know good and well that gauging distance, selecting a club with the proper distance/trajectory, setting up the proper lie angle, aiming the shot with consideration for windage and specific imperfections inherent to your swing, swinging a club where the club head speed reaches in exess of 100MPH, stiking a 1.5 inch ball with a club traveling 100MPH with a surface area of about 3.5 is not a sport. :duh:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Pete said:
Otter please.......

You know good and well that gauging distance, selecting a club with the proper distance/trajectory, setting up the proper lie angle, aiming the shot with consideration for windage and specific imperfections inherent to your swing, swinging a club where the club head speed reaches in exess of 100MPH, stiking a 1.5 inch ball with a club traveling 100MPH with a surface area of about 3.5 is not a sport. :duh:

You forgot about the part about the wet, sandy lie against a root on the side of a hill.

Pete

Repete
otter said:
You forgot about the part about the wet, sandy lie against a root on the side of a hill.
You mean like when we pick it up and pretend to cough and throw it in the fairway?

Pete

Repete
otter said:
Didn't realize you did that too...yes..
I only do it when you are not watching me like a hawk to keep me from cheating. :confused: which is only once when you were crawling in the bushes looking for Airgasms ball and didn't notice.

Agee

Tonio said:
Websters...

"Sport- n- 1 a: a source of diversion: Recreation b: sexual play c (1) physical activity engaged in for pleasure (2) a particular activity (as hunting or an athletic game) so engaged in 2 a pleasantry, jest b: Mockery, derision 3 a:
something tossed or driven about in or as if in play b: Laughingstock 4 a: Sporstman b: a person living up to the ideals of sportsmanship <a good~about losing> c :
a companionable person 5 : an individual exhibiting a sudden deviation from type beyond the normal limits of individual variation usu. as a result of mutation esp. of somatic tissue... syn see FUN "

By definition, Golf is a sport :cheers: