How about the Orioles?

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by cattitude
When they "trade" Angelos, I might become a fan again.:frown:

I'm with you on that one! :cheers: I've never been to Camden Yards, and don't plan on leaving my bucks there for the asbestos king any time soon. (He gets enough of my tax dollars with the sweet rent deal he has with the State of Maryland.)

T.Rally

Originally posted by demsformd
Hey, leave Mr. Angelos alone. He's messed the team up but he is a fine individual and a damn good lawyer.

He's a bottom feeder. Let's all pray for a team in Va.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Angelos is what gives lawyers bad names. Love the fact that all the MD lottery $ goes to "benefit the MD stadium authority" instead of to schools, roads, kids. Wonder who worked that deal through?

That said I will be going to see my beloved Cubbies whoop the O's birdie butts next week.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Meet the man before you judge him. That is all I have to say.

I don't care how nice he is or isn't. I care about the team he owns. He's a lousy owner. I don't spend my money to go see any team just because the owner is a nice man.

demsformd

Originally posted by cattitude
I don't care how nice he is or isn't. I care about the team he owns. He's a lousy owner. I don't spend my money to go see any team just because the owner is a nice man.

You are right. He has really messed the Orioles up. Letting Palmerio go was just terrible.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
You are right. He has really messed the Orioles up. Letting Palmerio go was just terrible.

Raffy was a huge mistake. What about Mussina? Good Lord, the list is huge. But at least we had Bobby Bo!! That sure was a good move.:twitch:

demsformd

You know what Mussina really disappointed me. I really do not think that he is a good fit for stupid New York and I despise the Yankees. The past two years gave me no more pleasure than to see him fall on his face and have the papers calling his signing a mistake. But of course this year he's rebounded.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Baseball sucks. It takes too long to watch a game. The batters play too many games with the pitchers that slow the inning down. When I played little league, high school, and softball, we stood in the box and took the next pitch. None of this time out crap. Baseball players don't make too much money, but they have let their salaries go to their heads and cause them to lose touch with the folks who pay those salaries. Sign the autographs free! So what if they go on eBay the next day. You players should be thankful that someone wants something as worthless as your signature on something worth less than their weekly paycheck.

Peter G may be a fine man in your opinion. But asbestos lawsuits have ruined fine building supply and automotive companies because people who have the potential to become sick in the future, can sue these companies into bankruptcy. None of these companies would ever deny someone who is truly sick a settlement for their injuries. Recently, Congress has finally realized that something must be done to create some limits to asbestos litigation. His firm exploited this flawed system.

I would start ranting about his take in the Maryland Tobacco settlement, another fine industry that he has had a part in ruining, but this thread is about baseball. I think this fine man should start suing fast-food chains for making Americans fat and unhealthy when his bank accounts start running low.

Athena1078

Social Director
I really don't care who the owner is, or mananger, etc.. I love my O's, and always will.. Been a fan as long as I can remember, and I don't change my love for them if they are doing bad or good or the team manager, owner etc is a good person or a bad person.

T.Rally

Originally posted by Oz
Baseball sucks. .

Baseball players have got to be the laziest group of athletes in all sports. Check out the beer guts on some of these guys. Its pathetic. Go see the Baysox or the Cannons if you want to see real baseball. The game still means something to those guys.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by T.Rally
Baseball players have got to be the laziest group of athletes in all sports. Check out the beer guts on some of these guys. Its pathetic. Go see the Baysox or the Cannons if you want to see real baseball. The game still means something to those guys.

Yup! They are professionals who appreciate that they can play a game that affords them the opportunity to earn a living.

daveo

Orioles

Mr. A has ruined the Orioles. He currently has another opportunity to mess things up further. I hope he sells this team soon to someone without an enormous ego that thinks he knows everything about everything!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Re: Orioles

Originally posted by daveo
Mr. A has ruined the Orioles. He currently has another opportunity to mess things up further. I hope he sells this team soon to someone without an enormous ego that thinks he knows everything about everything!

You won't find a gazillionaire without an ego.