Bacon Candy

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I ran in to Williams-Sonoma this morning to pick up some of their awesome malted waffle mix, and while there I found a cool cookbook designed for kids' use - recipes for young chefs using only 3 ingredients.

I opened up the book and it immediately landed on a recipe for "Bacon Candy". I wasted no time in buying the book.

Can't wait to try this recipe this weekend:

Bacon Candy:
8 thick slices of bacon, about 1/2 pound
1 tablespoon five-spice powder
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Carefully separate the slices of bacon. In a small bowl mix the five-spice powder and confectioners' sugar. Sprinkle each slice of bacon with the mixture to coat evenly. Place the bacon slices several inches apart on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then carefully pour off the fat (do this with an adult). Bake for 10 minutes longer, or until crisp. Remove from teh oven and let site for 1 to 2 minutes before serving.

I'll bet it's great with French Toast, waffles or any kind of egg dish.

lovinmaryland

BadGirl said:
I ran in to Williams-Sonoma this morning to pick up some of their awesome malted waffle mix, and while there I found a cool cookbook designed for kids' use - recipes for young chefs using only 3 ingredients.

I opened up the book and it immediately landed on a recipe for "Bacon Candy". I wasted no time in buying the book.

Bacon Candy:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Carefully separate the slices of bacon. In a small bowl mix the five-spice powder and confectioners' sugar. Sprinkle each slice of bacon with the mixture to coat evenly. Place the bacon slices several inches apart on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then carefully pour off the fat (do this with an adult). Bake for 10 minutes longer, or until crisp. Remove from teh oven and let site for 1 to 2 minutes before serving.

Sounds good to me :yum:
I love Williams-Sonoma... Only problem is I can never leave there without dropping at least $100... but there Peppermint Cocoa is heavenly

jetmonkey

BadGirl said:

Bacon Candy:

Lemme know when you are going to Harry and David.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
jetmonkey said:
Lemme know when you are going to Harry and David.
Sure! Is there anything in particular that you're looking for?

Hmmmmm. Your request could give me a very good excuse to make a road trip to H&D. :yum:

Cowgirl

My first thought was, "Ew, gross!" But bacon is pretty good with maple syrup on it...so maybe it's good.

Agee

Any recipes for tomato and lettuce candy? BLT in a candy dish...

Yeah, I know, I'm getting my coat!

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
BadGirl said:
Sure! Is there anything in particular that you're looking for?

Hmmmmm. Your request could give me a very good excuse to make a road trip to H&D. :yum:
I'd like some Moose Munch, please. :flowers:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
K_Jo said:
I'd like some Moose Munch, please. :flowers:
Can I interest you in a package of burnt potato chips?

I went to the Amish Farmer's Market in 'naplis and picked up two packages. I have one left. :burp:

I also picked up two Pumpkin Rolls. I have 3/4 of a roll left. :doubleburp:

:yum:

I wonder why I'm fat? :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BadGirl said:
Can I interest you in a package of burnt potato chips?

I went to the Amish Farmer's Market in 'naplis and picked up two packages. I have one left. :burp:

I also picked up two Pumpkin Rolls. I have 3/4 of a roll left. :doubleburp:

:yum:

I wonder why I'm fat? :shrug:
I guess if i want any of each, I better get my butt home NOW!!!

I sprinkled bacon salt in my pants this morning.. :whistle:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
itsbob said:
I sprinkled bacon salt in my pants this morning.. :whistle:
I've heard about "salt licks", but I don't think I'll be falling for this trick tonight.

Sorry, Dude. :nono:

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!
BadGirl said:

Bacon Candy:

Awwww geez just when I eliminated bacon from my diet, another excuse to include it! It did sound questionable at first but when you said "combined with french toast, waffles, eggs.. I'm thinking, hmmm now I know what's for dinner (and it's not beef!)

R

RadioPatrol

Cowgirl said:
My first thought was, "Ew, gross!" But bacon is pretty good with maple syrup on it...so maybe it's good.

I mostly only eat the WV Thick Sliced brown sugar cured bacon

done in the oven , on 300 till lightly brown, melts in your mouth

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
BadGirl said:

Bacon Candy:

You have got to be kidding me " Williams & Sonoma"?? I just check thier web site. I guess I don't fit in the " form price range ". Way too pricey for my income.
( Oh, here is MMDAD's chance to bomard me with more red karma, but MM, I don't work at McDonalds and am not a welfare mom with multiple babies daddies. I just thought I would save you the time and trouble.)

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Roberta said:
You have got to be kidding me " Williams & Sonoma"?? I just check thier web site. I guess I don't fit in the " form price range ". Way too pricey for my income.
( Oh, here is MMDAD's chance to bomard me with more red karma, but MM, I don't work at McDonalds and am not a welfare mom with multiple babies daddies. I just thought I would save you the time and trouble.)
You're right! The price range of their items is pretty high, so obviously, I don't buy too much from them either. :nomoney: But my one indulgence is ther malted waffle mix....so much better than any other on the market. :yum: Hungry Jack or any other off-the-shelf mix pales in comparison.

This stuff is so good that it almost makes getting up early worth it. :lol:

lovinmaryland

BadGirl said:
You're right! The price range of their items is pretty high, so obviously, I don't buy too much from them either. :nomoney: But my one indulgence is ther malted waffle mix....so much better than any other on the market. :yum: Hungry Jack or any other off-the-shelf mix pales in comparison.

This stuff is so good that it almost makes getting up early worth it. :lol:

It is all about quality... yeah I can go buy a pan set from wal mart that is going to be all shiat 6 months from now and have to buy a new one or I can just shell out the money 1 time for a quality set from there.

Ps.... there is a William Sonoma outlet in Leesburg :biggrin: very good prices :yay:

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
BadGirl said:

Bacon Candy:

Malted Waffles

INGREDIENTS
1/3 cup malted milk powder
2 1/2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 1/3 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup butter, melted

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, stir together malted milk powder, pancake mix and white sugar. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside.
Add egg yolks, buttermilk and butter to dry ingredients; mix well. Fold in egg whites.
Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve warm.