A Drug That Works

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
As most of you know from my ramblings I have Trigeminal Neuralgia. I had a brain procedure 2 an 1/2 years ago to deaden the nerve. Well, the nerve has regenerated faster than expected and mine in back. Full force, lightening bolts hitting my face, kill me please like. I am scheduled for brain surgery on Friday the 28th to deaden the trigeminal nerve once again. :ohwell:

Meanwhile they've had me on a new drug called Lyrica. A neuroblocker. And IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: It really keeps the TN under control.

I have been on some HARD drugs over the years for this agonizing disease. Tegretol, Neuron tin, Oxycontin, morphine..etc etc... But the Lyrica in high does is WORKING. I can function, though I'm seriously loopy, :jameo: and hopefully make it through until Friday.

While TN is a rare disease, a couple of you have told me that you know 's a new drug that they might not know about and it really really helps.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
ginwoman said:
Since the medicine is helping, can you go without the operation? Best wishes to you.

Oh no no no. As soon as the meds wear off... SLAM!!!! Lightening bolts of agony in the right side of my face. Mornings are bad.

And who wants to keep putting a pharmaceutical in their body If they don't haave to. It makes me loopy. :jameo: I feel like I drank a 12 pack. While that's nice sometimes... it's not so great ALL the time.

No. I think I'll have the surgery.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
MysticalMom said:
Oh no no no. As soon as the meds wear off... SLAM!!!! Lightening bolts of agony in the right side of my face. Mornings are bad.

And who wants to keep putting a pharmaceutical in their body If they don't haave to. It makes me loopy. :jameo: I feel like I drank a 12 pack. While that's nice sometimes... it's not so great ALL the time.

No. I think I'll have the surgery.
MM, did they schedule it yet? Let me know if there is anything I can do. I make decent lasagna and chicken pot pie.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
MM Does this happen all at once, or can a person have the pain only very occassionally until it progresses?

I can tell you that mine started out with very severe attacks of pain. In the beginning they were few and far between and it's steadily, over the years progressed to to where now, if the nerves regenerate. POW. I have one attack after another and want to die it hurts so bad.

I've had the procedure done again. Lets hope it lasts longer this time. :crossingfingers: I'm numb form the eyebrow down on exactly half of my face, which is weird and hard to get used to. But no more pain. :yay: