Chiggers

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
The only thing I have ever found that works is clear nail polish over the chigger. Smothers the little buggers and they die and no more itching. You look funny for a day or two, but it's worth it.

migtig said:
The only thing I have ever found that works is clear nail polish over the chigger. Smothers the little buggers and they die and no more itching. You look funny for a day or two, but it's worth it.

I've heard that too. I'm gonna get some for him at lunch today. I hope it works. I see him itching and then it makes me itch. :lol: Thanks!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
migtig said:
:bs:
They bite you, fall off and die.
The finger nail polish theory is :bs:

Nanny Pam

Chigger bites

Picture of a chigger biteChigger bites are insanely itchy and swell into raised red welts that can last for a couple of weeks before subsiding. As difficult as it may be, resist scratching these bites - they can become infected. Instead, apply something that will limit their exposure to air. Several possibilities that people have reported success with are:

Clear nail polish
Green tea extract
Calamine lotion
Hydrocortisone cream

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
I am covered in them little itchy bites. About 50. I live on a farm and work with hay, in pastures and woods...so I get them about once a year. They suck.

Nanny Pam

link

"If you do not feel sure the hot soapy bathing removed the chiggers, you may apply petroleum jelly to the bitten area. This will suffocate the tiny mite. Some people have also said that applying a drop of fingernail polish to the bite will have the same effect, but this is not advisable to sensitive skin or small children."

Nanny Pam said:
link

"If you do not feel sure the hot soapy bathing removed the chiggers, you may apply petroleum jelly to the bitten area. This will suffocate the tiny mite. Some people have also said that applying a drop of fingernail polish to the bite will have the same effect, but this is not advisable to sensitive skin or small children."

He's not a small kid but you wouldn't know that by the way he is whining about them. :lol:

migtig said:

:yeahthat: When we were little, I had a cousin who used clear nail polish. It worked!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
DoWhat said:
:bs:
They bite you, fall off and die.
The finger nail polish theory is :bs:
They bite you, can fall off or they can stay attached and continue to feed. Finger nail polish smothers the infected area, which stops not only any chigger from continuing to feed on you, but also (mentally perhaps) stops the itching as bad. It's also harder to scratch at something under nail polish. Scratching makes everything worse.

Do some research before you fly your :bs: flag.

W

Warrant Guru

My husband always gets them on his nut sack! Not a place you want uninvited guest!

Mrgaritavill

Hail to the Redskins!
I had no idea what a "chigger" was so I googled it and a big gross scary picture of one popped up! YUCKK!!!! I hope I never get one of those!!!

:shocking:

C

czygvtwkr

Warrant Guru said:
My husband always gets them on his nut sack! Not a place you want uninvited guest!

Those are crabs that he got elsewhere. :lmao: