Hypoglacemia ?

SoMDGirl42

The only true way to determine hypoglycemia is to have a 3 or 5 hour GTT (glucose tolerance test) done. Home meters are good for diabetics in monitoring glucose levels, but they aren't 100% accurate like a serum glucose is.

Anyone else in need of medical advice today? Shingle is out.

Pandora

The only true way to determine hypoglycemia is to have a 3 or 5 hour GTT (glucose tolerance test) done. Home meters are good for diabetics in monitoring glucose levels, but they aren't 100% accurate like a serum glucose is.

Or you could just blow off the whole waiting in the waiting room while they prick you at interval times and eat properly. :buddies:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
We could have a forum get together and Smoothe can prick her and Pandora can then draw her blood and check the numbers...:eyebrow:

rescueman

if you dont eat right of course it will be low. also as mention early you need to have a glucose test done to see if for sure that you are. so go see your doc and ask him/her if you should have this test done.

W

Wenchy

guys i was just asking if that was normal or not, i have sever anxity disorders and i over worry about things and im afraid of doctors. i was just asking if it was normal, i had worked all am (im 15, work at a farm) and i woke up late so all i got to eat was a yogert at 8am then i didnt get to eat again till 1130ish and i was rushing to go somewhere else so all i got to eat again was a yogert, then i was really hungary by when i did the test at around 230 and it was a little lower then "normal" so i was just asking to see if its normal to be a little lower because i dont know much about it =/

Where in the HELL are your parents?!

Toxick

Splat
Ok well my dad has diabetis and my mom has thought for a long time that ive had hypoglacemia becasue i get very irritable when im hungary, i am anxious alot (i have anxity disorder but meds nvr help) i get dizzy alot and tired so just to see i did the blood sugar test where you prick your finger, and the normal range is 70-115, and i was hungary anyways, but mine came out to 69... does that mean i have it?

69 is not that bad. It's not GOOD, and you should definitely eat something, but 69 won't drop you into a coma or anything. I don't get shaky and sweaty until my blood sugar is in the 50's (this almost never happens), but I imagine that different people have different reactions at different levels.

Anyway, I'm not sure that hypoglycemia is a chronic medical condition like diabetes, or just something that happens to you because you don't eat much. Hypoglycemia is easily cured. Simply eat something, and it will go away.

If this happens to you often, you should start carrying around glucose tablets. Or if you're thin, or not worried about calories, always have a candybar handy. (If you are concerned about weight, keep a fruit cup or some crackers handy). I have a stash of glucose tablets in my car, and at work (I don't have any at home, due to the availability of easily accessable food there).

If you opt for glucose tablets, they are not a replacement for food. It's like a spare tire on a car... it will get you home, but you should fix the problem ASAP. Eat as soon as you can.

Also I'd run this by your doctor next time you visit. Visit soon.

Nanny Pam

i was hoping there might be somone on here who knows alot about it, my mom doesnt know much about it, and yes i go to school, online homeschooling, and i got a job to make $$ to start supporting myself a little more and help my mom out and give me something to do. and furthermore, its none of yalls buisness why i post things to ask a question or for help, why does everyone have to meet like standards or explain theirselfs or get asked a million ? of topic, if you cant answer my ? then dont pick on me or ask tons of questions or whatever, just dont post anything. i thought this fourm was to ask for help or advise, i said it once and ill say it again, i was just asking if its normal becasue i dont want to go sit in my dr office for 5 hours to tell himthat and then he be like oh thats normal.

I just read your siggy, and if you are willing to do all that.....why can't you just go to the Doc to see if you are healthy enough to do all that?

Well????

"Here's to show days,early mornings,long days,late nights,truck rides,hotel rooms,learning courses,warm-ups,sunburns,countless hours of practice,taking the fall,bruised egos,determination,shavings and hay stuck in your hair and clothes,thousands of dollars, your show team,your trainer,your partner,the "myspace pictures,"hurrying up and waiting, show clothes, your "entourage,"competition, expectations, blue ribbons,laying down the perfect trip...and most of all,our sport.Riding <3 "

Toxick

Splat
i was just asking if it was normal, i had worked all am (im 15, work at a farm) and i woke up late so all i got to eat was a yogert at 8am then i didnt get to eat again till 1130ish

Jeez.

There's your problem.

Working on a farm for hours with only yogurt in your system..... Yeah. That'll drop your sugar down below typical levels.

Exercise drops blood sugar like a brick.

Eat more before work. Problem solved.

PrepH4U

I just read your siggy, and if you are willing to do all that.....why can't you just go to the Doc to see if you are healthy enough to do all that?

Well????

"Here's to show days,early mornings,long days,late nights,truck rides,hotel rooms,learning courses,warm-ups,sunburns,countless hours of practice,taking the fall,bruised egos,determination,shavings and hay stuck in your hair and clothes,thousands of dollars, your show team,your trainer,your partner,the "myspace pictures,"hurrying up and waiting, show clothes, your "entourage,"competition, expectations, blue ribbons,laying down the perfect trip...and most of all,our sport.Riding <3 "

Geez didn't you read NP she doesn't have five hours to sit in a doctors office to get an answer. She only has time to waste on a public forum :whistle:

SoMDGirl42

Note to self, never homeschool my kids :doh:

Smooth-

No worries, she's not homeschooled. She's ONLINE HOMESCHOOLED. I'm thinking there is absolutely no supervision by an adult. If her own parents can't take her to a doctor to find out if there is a medical condition, I'm thinking she's on her own.

By the way, there are many other conditions that can cause someone to feel this way. I'm thinking she really needs to seek professional help to rule out other root causes like maybe........... thyroid issues? just to name one.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
:jameo: Come over here I will help you with your work while I take care of mom and you can help me with the horses..come on girl your 15..do your shooling and less work..eat a good breakfast before you go out..cook yourself one as my daughter did..:killingme