An Anniversary

demsformd

Tomorrow marks the day that I asked my wife to marry me all the way back in 1972. I am so glad that my wife is still with me today after those tough early years of working too much for too little and having to endure five children. Oh thank God that Katie has always been here for me.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I think it's incredibly nice that you remember that day! Some guys can barely remember a wedding anniversary, much less the date of the proposal! :cheers:

watercolor

yeah yeah
I know I am a little late...but congrats all the same. :smile:

Jess got off easy...he proposed to me on V-day so...he will more than likely remember...but it is awesome that you remember when and that you keep on remembering it.:smile:

demsformd

Thank you all...I remember it because well it was the best day of my life. I ordered a limo to come to our house today and pick her up and take her up here to DC and we can go to dinner. I hope she will be surprised.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by demsformd
Thank you all...I remember it because well it was the best day of my life. I ordered a limo to come to our house today and pick her up and take her up here to DC and we can go to dinner. I hope she will be surprised.

That's so thoughtful and sweet of you, Dems. I'm sure she'll love her surprise!

demsformd

We had a wonderful evening and yes she was indeed surprised. But right before I left to go to dinner I thought of something else...maybe I should take her back to the park that I proposed to her in back in 72 over at the University of Virginia Law School. Well I had the limo take us there and she just broke down in tears and we just sat on the bench that I did it at until 2 AM. It was a wondeful night.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
We had a wonderful evening and yes she was indeed surprised. But right before I left to go to dinner I thought of something else...maybe I should take her back to the park that I proposed to her in back in 72 over at the University of Virginia Law School. Well I had the limo take us there and she just broke down in tears and we just sat on the bench that I did it at until 2 AM. It was a wondeful night.
So where did you wind up going to dinner? In DC or around the school?

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous

That's wonderful, Dems....and incredibly thoughtful!