Laptop OS restore?

H

Heretic

I have a laptop here that seems to be all screwed up and was wondering if you can just format C and reinstall the OS like you can with a desktop system or are there all kinds of specialized drivers that I will be missing? The laptop is a Dell

LPMEDIC

Doin the duty for you....
Originally posted by Heretic
I have a laptop here that seems to be all screwed up and was wondering if you can just format C and reinstall the OS like you can with a desktop system or are there all kinds of specialized drivers that I will be missing? The laptop is a Dell

What OS are you running? XP has a system restore feature on it, You should be able to take your software that came with it and re-install from it. IF not, can always contact DELL, I have a Dell 8100 Laptop and they have always given me good support.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
My HP laptop has System CD-ROM's (as JohnDoug mentioned) called "Product Recovery Disks." You just pop them into the drive, boot up, follow the menu, and it restores the system to the same status as when it was received from the factory.

My Dell desktops has the same thing. If you can't find your original ones, Dell should be able to replace them for you.

H

Heretic

Dell Inspiron 7000 and the original disks have long been lost.